*Stumped* AVL58 Can't get signal to Monitor

Reaction score
I"m at my wits end right now, and I am resorting to a higher power on this one. I've tried digging around on the forum but I can't seem to find any info that is useful for me. Perhaps someone can help.

What I'm working with:
Phantom 2
h33d gimbal w/GoPro 3+ Black

AVL58 Tx/Rx and Hub
Koolertron 7'' FPV Monitor

I have it all installed, tx and rx are set to channel 3, but I can't get a darn signal to my monitor? What am I missing? I just don't get it. :evil:

PLEASE HELP!

First off make sure you`ve power going to the various components. Look at the YouTube videos and double check the wiring and connections. The dip switches are a bollocks of a design and combined with Chinglish instructions make for a very confusing and frustrating procedure. Apparently there is a mix up in the diagrams of some video systems, the tx`s and rx`s dip switch positions need to be reversed to work. This happened me and i was chasing my tail till i tried online and got the solution. A diversity receiver is a great if expensive solution with a simple flick through the channels till you come to the picture.
You`ll get i sorted i have no doubt so go through the simple things first and eliminate them and hopefully you`ll get a result.

ATB

Thanks for your input!

I've exhausted, to my knowledge, all the options presented to me. I put in a tech support request to the place I purchased it from.

I tried reversing the OSD and VID switch to see if that would work, per your suggestion, but I still had no luck. I have started from the beginning and rewired everything, I have scanned through each channel individually on the rx and tx. Unless I'm missing something so completely obvious, that I still am overlooking it, I am beginning to think that I have faulty equipment. I just can't think that is the case.
When I get home from work, I think I am going to disassemble the FPV and start from the very beginning one last time. I think I may even remove the gimbal and start from there.

Thank you again for the input. Fingers crossed something works out!

Do you happen to have an iOSD mini connected as well? And if so, do you see any of the data from that on the display?

It's possible you've run in to the same issue several others have where the new little ribbon cable that connects to the USB port on the gopro has a fracture at/near the point it connects to the little USB plug board. Seems that it's very easy for that cable to get compromised like that and kill the video feed even though power is still getting to the camera through it.

Hey OI,

Thanks for the reply.

I am not currently using the iOSD device. I plan on purchasing that in the future but as of right now no.

You have brought up a point that I've been quite confused on. The connection to the go pro. I was under the impression that no cable was required to run to the Go Pro because the signal is fed through the H3-3D gimbal, which is connected to the hub. Am I wrong in the assumption? Many of the videos that I have watched explaining the setup have made no mention to this nor did Atlanta Hobby when I was asking them the questions about everything I needed to make it happen.

Do you have a similar set up? I'd like to see pics, if you have them, of how you have your hub setup to your tx, what exactly you have going from the gopro/gimbal to the hub, and also your rx to monitor.

I feel like i'm very close to the solution, but just can't pinpoint it. All the thoughts and insight are great, thank you everyone! This has been a great resource.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik