Stuck SD card in P2V+

Reaction score
so yeah.... basically that's about it.

Took out the default 4gb to put a 32GB Sandisk when I received the bird, no problem to get in or out.
Yet I just tried to take it out to use a card reader and not plug the whole system, but the card is stuck in. There's is no lil spring thingy that usually pushes it back.

I plugged the USB and it works fine, but you, the more experienced users, did that happened before ? And what are the potential issue in using a tweezer to pluck it out ?

Thanks for any tips !

Bless !

This trick works with CDs/DVDs when they slide above the tray in laptops and media devices. I figure it would work for you as well. You will need:

1x Piece of paper
1x Piece of sticky tape

Firstly try and just touch the tape on the tiny part of the card you can see and see if it is loose and comes free. If it doesn't - tear off a small piece of paper just wide enough to fit into the slot and wrap the sticky tape around itself to kinda make it a double sided sticky tape loop (sticky part facing outwards). Then attach the sticky tape to paper. DANGEROUS PART AND NO LIABILITY ACCEPTED: Slide the paper in with the sticky tape touching the card. You should be able to get this sticky loop to roll out a bit along the card do the point where it's more of a double sided flat loop. Gently pull on the paper once it has stuck to the card. If it's not locked in place, one of these methods may work for you.

Before I get flamed for the careless use of sticky tape around devices: I know it's bad, but it's probably better than tweezers if there is no other option.

If you got the 4gb card in and out before, then the "springy thingy" is there. Maybe you forced the sd card in Upside down or backwards or ??? Just be sure you've tried to push the sd card in to release it before trying to force it out with a tool.

Yeh, it might just be still waiting to be popped out. If it's not I have spent hours making a 3D model of the solution I described earlier ;)

For other gadget geeks down the track, the idea here is to get the tape loop to flatten and get as much surface area on the lost object as possible - works great!

Attachments

• 3d.jpg
    3d.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 687
SeeUAV said:
Yeh, it might just be still waiting to be popped out. If it's not I have spent hours making a 3D model of the solution I described earlier ;)

For other gadget geeks down the track, the idea here is to get the tape loop to flatten and get as much surface area on the lost object as possible - works great!

I see I see, Thanks a lot for the tip. I understand the 'no liability' point and don't worry, I shall try at my own risk.
I was careful, as usual when dealing with such tiny lil parts, and it's working just fine because I can record and import my files through USB. I don't think that would be possible if I did, indeed, insert it backward. Not sure it's even possible, but ya never know.

I initially pressed on it delicately and all it did was send the card a bit deeper inside the slot, without springing back, and it seems to be quite well inside there.

Worst case scenario, it will stay that way, since at least i'm sure it won't fall off mid air. Always see the positive side of things, always.

*facepalm*

Thanks for your time and tips ! :)

I did same experience in old Vision, too.
I remember that I polish a retractable knife thinly and stick in to a slot and took out an SD card.
The 32GB card of SanDisk thinks that gold and red painting may be thick a little.
So, I tear off the black tape of the card undersurface (the side where a terminal is seen) and use it for Vision+. ;)

Just to update on this, though I mentioned it as well in my detailed first experience testimony in the 'No Problem' thread : viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13885&start=10

The card wasn't really stuck, it's just that the spring seems to be really deep inside the slot, and ravaging my nails daily with hunger, I do not have the natural mean to push it that far. I did use a tweezer but simply to push it as far as I could, then felt the spring triggering, and I could take it out nicely, with the help of the tweezer, but without forcing at all.
It is surprisingly deeper than what I expected.
Said the bishop to the actress.

Thanks for the tips and I hope I won't need to use them !

Bless !

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20