Stuck in atti mode

Reaction score
Can't get my imu2 to calibrate. I am going to try to fly with out it being calibrated. When I am ready to fly it says I am in atti mode even though I have not physically moved the mode switch. I am using an iPad mini 4 without cellular so I have no GPS. Is the iPad 4 non cellular adding to my problem?

The only iPads that have gps are also cellular. If it's not cellular it doesn't have gps.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Only iPads with cellular have GPS. Otherwise they use its wifi to determine locations for its map app and other location apps.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Ok, well I guess it links the wifi to get gps locations. Hmmmm. Thanks @MasterBlaster.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: MasterBlaster
Ok so I don't have GPS on my iPad mini 4, does that automatically put my controller in atti mode??

As per MasterBlaster' post # 5 above, I don't have gps either on my mini2. So if you have a wifi signal you should be able to get GPS satellites like I do and fly in P mode. Are you using the DJI Go app?

And to answer your question, if you have 0 satellites the P3S goes to ATTI mode.
Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
So where are these GPS chips/components;

- on the craft, and phantom has authority to switch in Atti mode if not enough satellites etc.

- on iPad device IF Cellular model (physical chip installed by Apple), and Go App can use it even no SIM card installed and no network available - in that case you can ie still set your own home point (not the physical craft one).

Ok so I don't have GPS on my iPad mini 4, does that automatically put my controller in atti mode??
No. If your Phantom has poor GPS connection, it'll auto switch to ATTI mode. How many satellites is it connected to?

The iPad doesn't connect to the satellites, the Phantom does... Your iPad is just reporting the news.

A cellular iPad is good for keeping your maps cached in the app.

The iPad doesn't connect to the satellites, the Phantom does... Your iPad is just reporting the news.

A cellular iPad is good for keeping your maps cached in the app.

Not exactly true I think but I'm picky here; iPad does connect to satellites if Cellular model as in this case having GPS hardware module installed. But usage of satellite info used to set non aircraft current position in Go App (2nd icon enabled to set current position variant).

But in context of OP your statement is correct as it's the craft using satellites and authority to switch in Atti mod. iPad just reflecting this as you mention.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20