Structural Mapping?

BigAl07

Administrator
Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Is anyone aware of the ability for a P3A/P to do structural/vertical mapping? I've been mapping terrain for months now but I am looking for a solution that allows me to do vertical mapping with my P3P. For instance a cell tower. Have the aircraft orbit around the structure taking pictures each step of the way then rising slightly only to start a new orbit/picture taking.

Has anyone seen this yet with a P3 platform?

I had someone contact me who is in the process of creating the software now. Other then that one it's all that I'm familiar with. I'm sure someone else may already have something that is just not on the the market yet.

Reactions: BigAl07
That's good information Frank. Please keep us updated and if they need any "testers" I have credentials and am willing to help.

That's good information Frank. Please keep us updated and if they need any "testers" I have credentials and am willing to help.

Actually I'm not real happy with that operation. They asked that I spend some time with contributing to a cause in which I did that was either very beneficial, or not worth their time. Either way after submitting to them, there was no follow up on their end. Not many like it when their contributions go unrecognized.

Reactions: BigAl07
Vertical accuracies are not really good. We might need a good stitching software and small steps every time.

I like the way drone needs are growing.

Use poi mode and circle your subject. I usually do 5 different altitude passes and set time-lapse every 5s. I really wish dji would lower the options to say 1-3 s the overlap would be much better.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20