Strong Wobbling movements when hovering and Aggressive Stops

Reaction score

Here is a video of my Craft with some wierd issue after the last firmware upgrade. This situation already makes me desperate and frustrated. I dont know what to do, i dont know if to wait to DJI to take action if its really a firmware bug or if its something damage on my craft. A dont have an option to downgrade by Assitant 2 neither.

Recommendations Please

Last edited:
The most obvious first step would be to do an IMU calibration (the new 6 step process as per the tutorial on your device). I see there is a bit of a wind in the video, but it should be way more stable. If it performs like that at say 30 mtrs, that would maybe confirm a need for a calibration, if it is only at a couple of mtrs, try turning off the VPS to rule that out as having an effect on hovering. If it hovers fine with VPS turned off, then they may point to a VPS calibration as well through the assistant tool.

Here is a video of my Craft with some wierd issue after the last firmware upgrade. This situation already makes me desperate and frustrated. I dont know what to do, i dont know if to wait to DJI to take action if its really a firmware bug or if its something damage on my craft. A dont have an option to downgrade by Assitant 2 neither.

Recommendations Please
I got the same problem. I downgraded firmware and solved it.

The most obvious first step would be to do an IMU calibration (the new 6 step process as per the tutorial on your device). I see there is a bit of a wind in the video, but it should be way more stable. If it performs like that at say 30 mtrs, that would maybe confirm a need for a calibration, if it is only at a couple of mtrs, try turning off the VPS to rule that out as having an effect on hovering. If it hovers fine with VPS turned off, then they may point to a VPS calibration as well through the assistant tool.

I call to DJI Tec Support and fllow all the steps that they tell me to do like:

IMU CALIBRATION
COMPASS CALIBRATION
VPN CALIBRATION
GAIN ADJUSTMENT
ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT
RESET SETTING
REFRESH FIRMWARE
ERASE DJI GO APP AND RE-INSTALL APP

I DID EVERYTHING AND THE PROBLEM PERSISTS [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

I think a need a downgrade final test

Hold on, these DJI instructions are standard customer support (VPS not VPN). This will never solve last craft firmware you apparently have. This is already being discussed in this forum and many many customers waiting for DJI to publish remediation. There is some smart guys who find a way to revert to previous firmware.

Thread reaching 500 posts;
P4 Firmware v02.00.0106 Released (2017-07-06)

Last edited:
Remi is right with the standard response from DJI, we have the same issues over here, send it back... When I upgraded to the latest FW, the drone bounced around like a yo yo, just like yours and after going through the new style IMU calibration, it is now rock solid. You may be able to do a FW downgrade (or not) but I would have thought that every single user with the new upgrade would be in the same boat and basically grounded. Maybe I'm lucky for once..

Ok guys i find the problem, its a big problem with the last firmware just downgrade to the previous FW and DONE[emoji736]

Reactions: tevek
I sent mine back for the same issues. I received a new P4 (not refurbished) w/ the old firmware. Flys like my old one did before the update!

Ok guys i find the problem, its a big problem with the last firmware just downgrade to the previous FW and DONE[emoji736]

After rolling back the firmware to the previous version, did you try to upgrade again? Wondering if some small glitch occurred during the initial upgrade process that could be fixed with a second upgrade attempt? I'm just guessing.

I sent mine back for the same issues. I received a new P4 (not refurbished) w/ the old firmware. Flys like my old one did before the update!

Ok thats good, but its a firmware problem not a Craft issue so dont upgrade until DJI fix it.

After rolling back the firmware to the previous version, did you try to upgrade again? Wondering if some small glitch occurred during the initial upgrade process that could be fixed with a second upgrade attempt? I'm just guessing.

I only Refresh the firmware by Assistant 2 but nothing at all.

But honestly I would not like to upgrade again until DJI fix it

If anyone else is experiencing similar symptoms, it may be unrelated to the firmware.
I know how frustrating it can be when you try every possible remedy suggested on forums multiple times, and the aircraft still wobbles and can't hover with any stability even in the slightest breeze!
I finally resolved this issue with my p4 after months of despair, by simply chilling the bird in front of an air conditioner for 30 mins. prior to IMU calibration, problem solved!
This solution won't work for everyone experiencing this problem, but at least it's an easy procedure to perform and in my case it relieved months of stress!!!

Reactions: Piyau19

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues