Strong winds....no problem for the Phantom Vision !

Reaction score
I've got some video which when I've cropped and figured out how to upload to YouTube , I'll post.

Once again I was dead impressed with the vision. The surface wind was 15-20 mph with occasional gusts up to 25. I had the vision rock steady in GPS hovering at about 10 feet into that strong wind. I thought I would try switching to ATT at the upwind end of the field and WOW ! , when the switch went to Att it blew downwind like a paper bag in the wind. In fact I had to quickly switch back to GPS before it blew into some trees.

Then I climbed it to about 150 ft, were the wind must have been even stronger and she was still rock steady in GPS. These things are amazing !

spanktimonious said:
Mossie said:
thought I would try switching to ATT at the upwind end of the field and WOW ! , when the switch went to Att it blew downwind like a paper bag in the wind. In fact I had to quickly switch back to GPS before it blew into some trees.

Why didn't you just use the sticks to counteract the wind?

Not good enough yet ! :D

I was flying in the Everglades a couples days ago. Had winds of about 15-20 and the vision tried to hover, but the best she could do was semi-stationary at about a 25-35 degree slant (in to the wind). Not bad, but I was waaaay to chicken to take her up more than 20 or 30 feet. Seemed like she'd get blown downwind and I'd lose her! Looking for a crash site in a swamp full of gators was simply not an option...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20