Strong interference detected... phone vs. tablet?

Reaction score
Whenever I fly with my iPhone 5 (airplane mode) a message repeatedly pops up "Strong interference detected, be cautions in long distance flight" but then I'll switch to my Samsung Tab 4 and the messages does not appear.

I'm thinking about picking up an iPhone 6s Plus and plan to use it a my primary FPV screen.

Is there a reason not to use a phone vs. tablet for flying these things?

it may be the difference in the orientation and location of the antennas between the 2.

I think the iphones have it routed around the edges of the phone....

I'm pretty sure it's the bird that's picking up the interference but u do have me thinkin now if it would show any on the rc side. I'm guessing it might just be a coincidence when u swap. imho

Could also be something to do with the two different OS applications

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

The message still persists even with iPhone 6s+ but doesn't seem to effect the flight

I got the same issue. With the iPhone 6s I always get the message, changed location so many times but still the same. I was wondering the same too... Although I noted you previous post about the airplane mode, I though airplane mode stop all signal transmission/reception on the iPhone (including wifi)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Storm
I got the same issue. With the iPhone 6s I always get the message, changed location so many times but still the same. I was wondering the same too... Although I noted you previous post about the airplane mode, I though airplane mode stop all signal transmission/reception on the iPhone (including wifi)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
You can connect back to wifi networks only, after going into airplane mode.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20