Stripped screw

Reaction score
Thanks to the fine folks over at dslrpros I have one stripped screw and can not successfully and completely remove the casing. It just keeps spinning. It's not the head it's the female part inside that is spinning inside the plastic. Does anyone have any experience with this and suggestions on how I can remove the screw and replace?

jgarraffo said:
Thanks to the fine folks over at dslrpros I have one stripped screw and can not successfully and completely remove the casing. It just keeps spinning. It's not the head it's the female part inside that is spinning inside the plastic. Does anyone have any experience with this and suggestions on how I can remove the screw and replace?

Sometimes if you find a way to put pressure on the screw you can get it out... Is there a way to pry the area around the screw up a little so that the screw is torqued in such a way that the threads press against something? Obviously you have to be careful not to crack the case...

As stated above, remove all the screws except the stripped one. Apply pressure by lifting as you unscrew the bolt be careful not to apply too much pressure.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers