Stripped hex screw removal help...

Reaction score
Do any of you guys know the best way to remove a Stripped hex screw? without damaging the plastic? :roll:

Attachments

• photo-5.JPG
    photo-5.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 1,466
It maybe a little difficult to find, but there is a liquid with abrasives in it to help removed damaged screws.

Look for Screw Grab or Screw Grip.

If you have a Dremel Tool with a cutting wheel, you might be able to cut a slot in the top of the screw and use a flat-blade screw driver to back it out. Another thing to try is screw extractors/easy outs. They're basically screws with reverse threads that can be used in the hex opening to back the screw out as the extractor is tightened.

MRSpyder2U said:
If you have a Dremel Tool with a cutting wheel, you might be able to cut a slot in the top of the screw and use a flat-blade screw driver to back it out. Another thing to try is screw extractors/easy outs. They're basically screws with reverse threads that can be used in the hex opening to back the screw out as the extractor is tightened.

The Dremel cutting wheel is way too big and will cut the plastic before it goes down the hole.
It happened to me and I used the bit with the steel cutting tip about the size of the tooth pick, then carefully insert the bit into the screw head and cut side way to make a slot and cut another slot on the opposite side and finally removed the screw with the small flat blade screw driver.
But if you have the #8 torx driver, try that first.

Kakou67 said:
You can try to warm the screw with the tip of a soldering iron.

The metal bar that has a hole with thread that the screw fit in seated in the plastic frame.
If you melt the bar holder....... :shock:

I have the same problem- tried to install the prop guards and found that one screw on one arm has a poorly made hex screw and can't be removed.

I had to drill two out, one was the small screw (Philips zero). Drill slowly and keep checking. Then don't tighten the screws up too much.

not sure if it will work but i've heard you can put a rubber band flat against the screw and then put your screw driver over the rubber band and try to screw it out. the rubber band might help it get that extra grip.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers