Stress cracks

Reaction score
I have had my p3s for about 3 years and I just noticed that it has a small crack under one of the motors. I have heard of this happening to older phantoms but don’t really know what to do about it. What should I do to stop this from happening to my other motors and keep the cracked one from cracking any more?
1a361f27fd57f9a252a05b42daf2af11.jpg

I have had my p3s for about 3 years and I just noticed that it has a small crack under one of the motors. I have heard of this happening to older phantoms but don’t really know what to do about it. What should I do to stop this from happening to my other motors and keep the cracked one from cracking any more?
1a361f27fd57f9a252a05b42daf2af11.jpg
I have found this to be the best fix of the cracks. Detatch the motors and apply the solvent type glue and let sit 24 hours. Hasn't re-cracked yet on mine.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003HNFLMY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I hear some swear by Pastex plastic repair kit. It comes in black, white and clear. You can make it thin for cracks. It can be made thick and mold it with your hands.

I recently noticed them on mine as well. Guess the trip to the beach and the winds really did it in. I ended up replacing my shell to be safe. If you choose to you that route just make sure you have a few hours on your hands. Probably took me longer than others but I was able to do it correctly and am more confident with the new shell rather than using a bond.

To make good joins, you should use a file on the cracks to make little v groves along the lines and then cement it. Applying just on the surface will not give you a good bonding.

Should I put the plastic cement on the inside or the outside of the drone?
Both sides will be best. Don't get any on top of the motor mount posts inside.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie