Stress Cracks with New Motors

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone with a newer P3 which has the new 2312A motors have had stress cracks or not.

New 2312A motors

It would seem pretty early for stress cracks to be appearing with the new motors. My current P3A, which was a warranty replacement, has only had abouit 5 flights. No cracks yet.

I think the stress crack problem might be solved with the new motors, with them being flat at the bottom now they must sit better with less vibration to the screw holes that's for sure.

Reactions: D4T_PoM
I think the stress crack problem might be solved with the new motors, with them being flat at the bottom now they must sit better with less vibration to the screw holes that's for sure.

I agree after seeing the pictures of the bottom of the motors.

Its a bummer though, as if we wanted to replace the motors we would need to replace the MC board too due to incompatiblity.

yea i all so noticed that little bit of info too which is a massive shame. When you look at the bottom of the old motors tho they have got to cause more vibration and stress to the shell, but then again dji are replacing shells without changing the motors and boards so maybe it has just been a case of over tightening at the factory, cant see it after looking at the pics of them but you never know.
for anyone wanting to know what the old ones look like see pic. 151.PNG

It would seem pretty early for stress cracks to be appearing with the new motors. My current P3A, which was a warranty replacement, has only had abouit 5 flights. No cracks yet.

People have reported cracks with similar amounts of flights, I think that was the old motors though.

Look at the difference in the hubs in this picture-- the bottom one is the originals and the top one is the new ones

I have the old motors but when I send it back this winter I'll upgrade to the newer ones.

I have the new motors, just flew my first two batteries today. Im hoping to get two batteries of flight a day, so in a week ill update. And then a month after if someone reminds me! :)

Reactions: brianb87
2 hours in and 53,000 feet.

No cracks at ALL!

New motors for the win!

(I know it is too soon to make a conclusion regarding the cracks, but I love my P3P!)

Reactions: bobmyers
The other day I spent 1/2 a battery flying like a maniac . I tested up/down, fast stops from full speeds, course and direction changes and doing corkscrews, etc.

Funny how the P3 is quite faster than my Blade Chroma is, even though I have my P3 slowed a bit in the app for better aerials.

The other day I spent 1/2 a battery flying like a maniac . I tested up/down, fast stops from full speeds, course and direction changes and doing corkscrews, etc.

Funny how the P3 is quite faster than my Blade Chroma is, even though I have my P3 slowed a bit in the app for better aerials.

New or old motors? :)

Yeah the P3P is incredible. Im getting more and more confident... Soon ill go for a mile! Need to get an update since video is starting to cut out at ~2000 feet

Are the new motors and upgrade for the phantom or are they coming equipped when you purchase one now?

I just got my p3a Tuesday this week from Amazon prime and it has the old motors on it. To

Are the new motors and upgrade for the phantom or are they coming equipped when you purchase one now?

I just got my p3a Tuesday this week from Amazon prime and it has the old motors on it. To
The dealers probably still have some of the older ones in stock-- so you got the older motors-- You may have to order from DJI direct to get the new motors.

Reactions: PilotHarry

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub