Stress cracks on the Mavik?

Reaction score
Well, that did not take very long.

My cousin jumped the gun and sold the P3A he had to buy the Mavik when available. Now he is thinking if the Mavik is going to have the same stress cracks like the P3 and P4 line. Apparently one of his friends is pissed because he noticed stress cracks on his P4.

I wonder if they (DJI) fixed this problem for good in the new Mavic.
We all thought the problem was going to go away with the P4, however members are reporting the same stress cracks in the P4 line.

Reactions: flpholt
Stress cracks on a P4 are pretty rare. I only recall seeing one photo of a P4 with stress cracks since it was released.

Reactions: jlrsn
Stress cracks on a P4 are pretty rare. I only recall seeing one photo of a P4 with stress cracks since it was released.

What is the consensus crowd thoughts regarding the cause for cracks on the P4 and prior Phantom lines? Over-torquing of screws? Bad plastic? Incorrect design for stress and strain given flight dynamics such as wind, etc.?

That's the thing -- it's a non-issue with the P4. I would imagine the Mavic shell is even better since DJI has had even more time to figure out what works best.

The cracks I've seen have been from hauling a payload like a battery mod or lights.

Some adjust the braking angle and acceleration speeds to counter the weight.

The cracks have occurred on the top usually on the P4 on the inside of the arm.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

My cousin jumped the gun and sold the P3A he had to buy the Mavik when available. Now he is thinking if the Mavik is going to have the same stress cracks like the P3 and P4 line. Apparently one of his friends is pissed because he noticed stress cracks on his P4.

We all thought the problem was going to go away with the P4, however members are reporting the same stress cracks in the P4 line.

Good lord. There is no end to the obsessive speculation about the magic, or lack thereof, of the Mavic.

are you having an issue with stress cracks in your P4 or your MAVIK?

if not what , really are you intending with this silly post?
why create a rumor or fear for NO reason at all?

even when there is NO SUCH ISSUE
some folks want to impune one without any basis or reason!

just like every 2 weeks or so some new poster ASKS about FlyawaXs being so big an issue without even owning one. makes one go "mmmm" and wonder why!

Please stop speculations. Thx

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

It didn't take long for your cousin to wonder if the Mavic will have stress cracks?

It might. It might not. Waste of a thread- sorry, I'm not getting the point here. It may or may not have a lot of things.

Your cousin's friend with a P4 is worried about the Mavic cracking?

My sister-in-law's ex-roomate is worried about buying vitamins online. She has a P2.

I worry about your sister-in-law's ex-roomate worrying about buying vitamins online. But I worry about everything, By the way are there any pic of her worrying?

We all thought the problem was going to go away with the P4, however members are reporting the same streXX crackX in the P4 line.

So is there a real problem or are we inventing imaginary problems before the bird is released?

They took some pics of her worrying, but the lens on the camera had stress cracks, so they didn't come out :(
That's too bad, I'm starting to get stress cracks from worrying. I just don't have any desire to get a Mavic, it's like it's a cross between an Inspire and a 250 racer. It just can't make up it's mind

So is there a real problem or are we inventing imaginary problems before the bird is released?
The nice thing about inventing imaginary problems is that you don't have to deal with DJI support. That's a significant advantage.

Of course, if it's truly an imaginary problem, you can always rotate it 90 degrees and try again....

The nice thing about inventing imaginary problems is that you don't have to deal with DJI support. That's a significant advantage.

Of course, if it's truly an imaginary problem, you can always rotate it 90 degrees and try again....
You can also imagine dealing with DJI support... I guess it's more of a nightmare at that point though... JK

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31