stress cracks on new PSA new motors

Reaction score
Stress cracks on new P3A motors purchased two days ago flew it less than 10 minutes today I noticed a stress crack here.
Amazon uk sending me a replacement this Monday any idea how to prevent this from happening again.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    856.2 KB · Views: 944
Last edited:
Stress cracks on new P3A motors purchased two days ago flew it less than 10 minutes today I noticed a stress crack here.
Amazon uk sending me a replacement this Monday any idea how to prevent this from happening again.

Isn't this different than what has been reported with others?

Wow, that's the new motor, hence it's a new shell I would think. Cracks on top had not been seen before, they've always been on the bottom, near the motor screws.

I think DJIs plastic vendors don't know what they're doing. It appears the molding process is making brittle shells, either the plastic is cooling too quick or they are using a bad plastic mix. Possibly recycled plastic, hah!

Pluto, what temperature were you flying in?

Last edited:
Hmmm that doesn't look to be a stress crack, if I'm not mistaken. I would think that most stress is on the lower part of the shell as the motor mounts on the lower part. The top part of the shell is not even touched by the motors.
In fact I would think the top part of the shell to be more stronger due to its mating with the lower part.

It does not look like a stress crack from motor torque. It's right over the screw that holds the shells together and I would guess that the screw has been over tightened and damaged the upper shell. There's no stop on those screws.

Reactions: Brent10
Problem is when the DJI is gone for months getting repaired the yuneec will be in the air ! Lol

Problem is when the DJI is gone for months getting repaired the yuneec will be in the air ! Lol
How long was your gone? What did they do when you sent it in for a crack repair? How much did it cost you? The Yuneec is a POS!! Its an over priced TOY. None used by anyone for professional purposes. DJIs are used world wide for everything.

And for the record.. those are rhetorical questions. Im betting your answer is that you have no experience. Just talk.

My reason for leaving DJI too arrogant people seem to own them and troll the forums!
Just for the record... this is a DJI forum! The troll here is you

Why can't a company as big and smart as DJI not design and manufacture a shell that doesn't have cracking problems.

This has gone on way too long!

There is NO company that doesnt have some production problems. NONE

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj