Stress cracks, HELP!

Reaction score
Barely 2 months since I got my 2nd P3 Advanced, for no apparent reasons, it has developed this "dreaded" stress cracks. I never thought that I'd be a victim of this. Had my 1st P3A that flew more than 350kms (until it, due to my own human error, hit a tree branch while descending from about 70m away from me) with no stress cracks whatsoever.

Is this covered by DJI warranty?
Should I just purchase on of those Reinforcements for the arm?
Should the shell be opened up and be applied with some epoxy underneath?
Should The shell be replaced with a new one? (Btw, are there 2nd gen shells that are already factory reinforced and improved?)

HELP, please. All advices on what I'm suppose to do next will be highly appreciated. Attached picture of the "pre-Christmas problem".

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    656.8 KB · Views: 788
It is covered by DJI under 1-year warranty. You need to show them the receipt. Since it's already late Friday, file a ticket online via DJI support. This is what I did and I got the UPS shipping label the following Monday. They paid for shipping cost both ways and fixed it the day they received it and shipped it back to me the next day. Very happy with their service...

DJI will repair it for free. Get it repaired.

If you want to buy those strong plates go ahead, buy them for future, you will be mentally satisfied. You very well know that your last one developed no cracks even after flying for total 350 Kms.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Kima kim
Barely 2 months since I got my 2nd P3 Advanced, for no apparent reasons, it has developed this "dreaded" stress cracks. I never thought that I'd be a victim of this. Had my 1st P3A that flew more than 350kms (until it, due to my own human error, hit a tree branch while descending from about 70m away from me) with no stress cracks whatsoever.

Is this covered by DJI warranty?
Should I just purchase on of those Reinforcements for the arm?
Should the shell be opened up and be applied with some epoxy underneath?
Should The shell be replaced with a new one? (Btw, are there 2nd gen shells that are already factory reinforced and improved?)

HELP, please. All advices on what I'm suppose to do next will be highly appreciated. Attached picture of the "pre-Christmas problem".
DJI fixed mine for 400 Bucks send it in to them.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Dabs of epoxy only 12 hour turnaround

The Nether world

I thought I was clear of this issue on my 10 month old v2 advanced and then this week they appeared on mine.
on 3 arms.

Its going to DJI monday, hopefully no charge.

I thought dji fixes this issue when the new motors were released? Is this not one of these models ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I have mines was brand new not even 6-8 months ago.. But I havnt had issues yet, and I even had a very small crash with it and the temp outside was 20 degrees, I thought for SURE I was gonna see cracks as it landed right on the one arm.. But there was nothing, not even a scratch! I did a IMU calibration and gimbal calibration and all is perfect. Like it was never even crashed. Either I just got extremely lucky the way it fell and landed, or possibly I had have a differnt chassis design idk .. But you would tbink since yours has the new style motors that you woulda been good. I would for sure make them warentee it, and if they give you a hassle THEN apoxy each arm where the cracks are and put on throes arm protector plates over top of the apoxy. You shouldn't have anymore issues after that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kima kim
dji will not give you any hassle for stress cracks on the motor arms. I just went thru this very same issue with my P3A. It was a little over a year and noticed a small crack on the one arm and 2 similar but smaller cracks on the other arms.

After reading thru a year of other user experiences from the site, I dreaded the call. All of the comments on delays and no response from dji tech support came back to mind. Much to my surprise, the process was flawless. I entered the service case on line, attached 3 pictures of the damage and in less than 24 hours, I had the case open, with an RMA and prepaid shipping to the service center in Carson. The shipping from the east coast took about 5 days. The same day the damaged aircraft was received at the service center, I received an email that the repairs were confirmed under my warranty and were not the result of a collision or accident. THE NEXT DAY, MY PHANTOM WAS BACK IN THE MAIL AND BEING RETURNED TO ME with a brand new shell. NO CHARGE!!!!

Reactions: TulsaReiner
I hit send before I was finished....

The entire experience was absolutely incredible. I commend dji on the dedication to their customers and the quick turnaround.

Reactions: TulsaReiner
DJI will repair it for free. Get it repaired.

If you want to buy those strong plates go ahead, buy them for future, you will be mentally satisfied. You very well know that your last one developed no cracks even after flying for total 350 Kms.

Thank you alokbhargava for dropping off a reply. Will try to contact and get instructions from DJI on how to go about it.

dji will not give you any hassle for stress cracks on the motor arms. I just went thru this very same issue with my P3A. It was a little over a year and noticed a small crack on the one arm and 2 similar but smaller cracks on the other arms.

After reading thru a year of other user experiences from the site, I dreaded the call. All of the comments on delays and no response from dji tech support came back to mind. Much to my surprise, the process was flawless. I entered the service case on line, attached 3 pictures of the damage and in less than 24 hours, I had the case open, with an RMA and prepaid shipping to the service center in Carson. The shipping from the east coast took about 5 days. The same day the damaged aircraft was received at the service center, I received an email that the repairs were confirmed under my warranty and were not the result of a collision or accident. THE NEXT DAY, MY PHANTOM WAS BACK IN THE MAIL AND BEING RETURNED TO ME with a brand new shell. NO CHARGE!!!!

I just hope that it would be as easy as that coming from our place since we don't have a DJI facility here this part of Asia, unless they have auhorized a local dealer to assess and repair Phantoms already. Otherwise, my Phantom may probably have to be sent overseas.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31