Stress crack prevention

Most people don't get stress cracks although it seems to be a big problem since we read about them so much.

If it was me and I had a new P3, I'd back out all the wing screws an eighth of a turn and be done with it. MHO

Reactions: JamesG2571
Though there is no proof that such strong arm supports prevent stress cracks but many have expressed satisfaction and claimed good results. There seems to be no harm using them. You can use them it's your choice. There are many suppliers for such parts and the well known name is UVBits.

The most critical part in using these parts is the length of screws. If the length of screws provided by the vendor are longer than required they bite into motors and are known to damage motors, so be careful.

Reactions: JamesG2571
Thanks for the responses! I will unscrew them ever so slightly and just keen an eye on them.

I had them.. I did nothing to prevent it and flew the crap out of my P3p. Until the crack was about a half an inch. I sent in a ticket and shipped it under warranty. The fixed it found that a motor was going bad so they fixed that too... whole process from time I shipped it will be about 9 days.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I wonder how they found a motor going bad? I'd love to have a tool that would tell me that.

Back...

I wonder how they found a motor going bad? I'd love to have a tool that would tell me that.

Back...
Well because when they fired it up they could here the bearing rattle I suppose. I know I could witch was one of the main reasons I sent it in.

Though there is no proof that such strong arm supports prevent stress cracks but many have expressed satisfaction and claimed good results. There seems to be no harm using them. You can use them it's your choice. There are many suppliers for such parts and the well known name is UVBits.

The most critical part in using these parts is the length of screws. If the length of screws provided by the vendor are longer than required they bite into motors and are known to damage motors, so be careful.

I put these on and have only flown my P3p once since. But that is my concern also - they they might damages the motors somehow. The one time I flew the motors seemed to be hotter than usual, but it is the middle of summer on AZ. I suppose the only solution would be to take the off and re-measure the old take off screws.

I own both the common 3D printed version and the aluminum ones. I contacted DJI about warranty if they are installed, and they stated that even if the crash is deemed non pilot error that the arm reinforcements would void the warranty. My arm reinforcements have thus stayed in their package. I have heard that DJI is very responsive with replacing the shell should you get stress cracks.

Hi,

I dont have stress cracks but I want to prevent getting them.

has anyone got any experience with these? - Motor Mount Stress Crack Fix Support Base Reinforce Protector Fr DJI Phantom 3 2

I have read about undoing and screwing back int he motor/shell screws.

any tips would be great! thanks.
James.

like others I also loosened and then retightened screws to just firm.

I also added a tywrap at each arm. I don't know if they help but cant hurt(many hours of flying since installed).
I figured the extra pressure may help alleviate and spread some of the twisting forces when flying.
so far so good
phantomtywrap.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair