Streaming from GoPro

Reaction score
I just got my first drone which is the standard phantom 2. I would like to stream the video from the gopro to an ipad. The GoPro app streams well but only for a short distance because it is through wifi. What are my options, and what would I need in order to make streaming work for a large distance?

Do not use the GoPro wireless feature while attached to the drone. It's documented in like, every single place it could be.

Welcome to the forum .
The GP Wifi uses 2.4 your phantom uses 2.4 so it is very possible you will have a problem . To get FPV safely you need a 5.8 transmiter 5.8 receiver/monitor good set of antennas and I would recommend a iosd too .

Welcome to the forum .
The GP Wifi uses 2.4 your phantom uses 2.4 so it is very possible you will have a problem . To get FPV safely you need a 5.8 transmiter 5.8 receiver/monitor good set of antennas and I would recommend a iosd too .
can you give a link to those please

There are many setups / configurations you can go with take some time and read up what fits your budget . My P1 I use a fat shark kit . My P2 I pieced a system together .
Here is a start take your time read through the FPV section on the forum I say this because some here have no luck with my P2 setup (look at sig to see the pieces) I get 115m up 980m out with no problem could go more but that is as far as I will ever go keeping LOS .
Start here lowest prices on FPV components (links) | DJI Phantom Forum
Then read through here
FPV (First Person View) | DJI Phantom Forum

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4