Strangest flight ever (new dji go?)

Reaction score
Hey all

Had this weird flight. Even though there was wind, it wasnt that terrible.
Phantom advanced was drifting away all the time. The arrow on the map was pointing at a wrong direction and was moving sideways. The video signal was being lost and disconected out of nowhere on a close distance. After it had hard time reconnecting. Rc was still green. And the voltages were low even though it was same morning fully charged battery.

Also old connection issue is back. That if you dont turn them on in a specific order, dji go cant see the drone. Even though rc is green.

Here is a healthy drone log.
Please take a look

This all happened after new dji go update.

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Sent from my SM-G900FD using PhantomPilots mobile app

No point in taking more risks, do following:

1. Even if you feel that cable connecting your tablet with RC is ok, better buy a reliable one and replace.

2. Time for you to recalibrate your RC sticks.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: t2adze
No point in taking more risks, do following:

1. Even if you feel that cable connecting your tablet with RC is ok, better buy a reliable one and replace.

2. Time for you to recalibrate your RC sticks.

I see. Thanks. What do you think can be the reason for all this?

The cable used to work all the time. After the dji go update all this mess has happened

P.s. do you know any good stick cali video ? I did it a week ago. I always feel im doing it wrong

No doubt having one app for all the drones is a nice idea from DJI 's perspective but users are seeing more and more issues on stabilized product series like P3 due to continuously changing UI. We don't like to have more changes in app as all is well stabilized. But DJI is introducing new products and packing new info and features into the same app and making it mixed dough for all. We have been hearing more and more issues from P3 users. It's high time DJI announces separation of P3 from the current developments.

We have faced many issues and we don't know the cause of them and obviously no definite solution is known. We start doubting if DJI has really tested effects of changing UI and adding new features on to old stabilized products.

Now back to your question about the root cause of the issue faced by you, answer is I don't know but we can follow good measures to get going safely.

Common reasons for drifting are compass calibrations and stick calibrations.

Map showing different directions could be due to poor compass calibration of your tablet or you must be closer to steel materials or magnetic fields.

Video goes bad for short distances if there is strong interference or antennas are not aligned properly.

No idea why the voltages were shown low on fully charged batteries.

Reactions: Apilot101
No doubt having one app for all the drones is a nice idea from DJI 's perspective but users are seeing more and more issues on stabilized product series like P3 due to continuously changing UI. We don't like to have more changes in app as all is well stabilized. But DJI is introducing new products and packing new info and features into the same app and making it mixed dough for all. We have been hearing more and more issues from P3 users. It's high time DJI announces separation of P3 from the current developments.

We have faced many issues and we don't know the cause of them and obviously no definite solution is known. We start doubting if DJI has really tested effects of changing UI and adding new features on to old stabilized products.

Now back to your question about the root cause of the issue faced by you, answer is I don't know but we can follow good measures to get going safely.

Common reasons for drifting are compass calibrations and stick calibrations.

Map showing different directions could be due to poor compass calibration of your tablet or you must be closer to steel materials or magnetic fields.

Video goes bad for short distances if there is strong interference or antennas are not aligned properly.

No idea why the voltages were shown low on fully charged batteries.

Thank you!
can low voltage be because of the wind?
i just noticed the log says i was in ATTI, but i think i was in GPS mode. Im not sure i have left in atti before though. Strange

Yes I assumed you were in GPS mode. It will drift in ATTI mode and you need to manually control it.

Reactions: t2adze
I see.

Problem now is i cannot connect any android device anymore. Used friends iphone 5 and it worked.

My s5 and galaxy tab pro just stopped working. Tried downgrade. The same.

About the video disconnection issues, i experienced it with the new update (3.1)...
Today i returned it to 3.0, and it looks like video signal is ok now!
Try downgrading dji Go version and test again!

Sent from my XT1097 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Those kind of issues are related to the device, and not the aircraft. Sometimes firmware updates will add additional processes that the hosting device can not handle. I have been through this personally when I use to use a nexus7 2nd gen tablet. I spent weeks arguing with dji saying it was the software because I never had not one issue prior to the update.

As it is now, the update process numbers go and down all the time. And eventually some tablets wont work well with too many. I knew this was something I did not want to experience again especially if at far distances from home point. I now have the nVidia K1 shield and there is no struggles with it.

This all happened after new dji go update.

When you updated GO, did you update the craft and RC firmware? Are those current?

Suggestion: Whenever you make a major change to the setup, such as downloading a new Go update, or a firmware change to craft and RC, you should never assume it's going to work OK. I always do these updates when I have the time to test it nearby. I always go to a known flight area nearby that I've flown many times, so I know the area is clean from Wifi traffic and any potential magnetic anomalies, BEFORE I fly there. Once you have things working OK, don't change it if possible, especially before a trip somewhere. The only thing you should be doing on a trip is a compass calibration.

Always do an IMU calibration on a level surface at home after making firmware changes to the craft. Cold IMU calibration is preferred to facilitate quick startups.

I also NEVER update my phone OS when I'm on a trip. I depend on that phone too much to do a major thing like updating an OS.

Last edited:
Its very strange.
My android devices stopped working. My s5 and galaxy tab pro.
Iphone 5 and galaxy tab 3 work fine.

Its very confusing. Did the usb ports on my s5 and tabpro broke down at the same time i updated dji go? They are charging but even pc cant see them. Coincidence with dji go update?

Did the usb ports on my s5 and tabpro broke down at the same time i updated dji go? They are charging but even pc cant see them. Coincidence with dji go update?
It's more likely your problem is related to incompatible firmware if you didn't update craft and RC firmware when you updated the GO app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic