Strange things going on.

Reaction score
I'm not sure where to start. Sunday I had very erratic actions with my P3A trying both Litchi and DJI GO. I got no signal warnings and strong interference warnings which I thought might be signal jamming at an event I was at. I was able to fly briefly but after landing I had the warnings again and couldn't get the motors to start. Same thing today. I got an ESC status message and it told me to turn off the aircraft and start over. No luck. Camera and gimbal work but motors will not start. I also have a message that my battery firmware needs updating. I'm still pretty new to this and it's frustrating. I had a P2V before this aircraft and upgraded the firmware which led to a week of problems and no flying. Shouldn't I be able to fly with old firmware. Right now I'm grounded. :(

First of all list all the SW/ FW you have on your system.

First of all list all the SW/ FW you have on your system.

I'm using an Adroid based tablet and have both DJI Go and Litchi apps installed. I'm careful to make sure only one is running at a given time. I'll have to do some research to figure out the firmware. I've had the P3A for about 3 months so the firmware might be outdated but it seems to me it shouldn't ground me. Is it necessary to upgrade aircraft, controller, and battery each time there is an update?

I'm not sure where to start. Sunday I had very erratic actions with my P3A trying both Litchi and DJI GO. I got no signal warnings and strong interference warnings which I thought might be signal jamming at an event I was at. I was able to fly briefly but after landing I had the warnings again and couldn't get the motors to start. Same thing today. I got an ESC status message and it told me to turn off the aircraft and start over. No luck. Camera and gimbal work but motors will not start. I also have a message that my battery firmware needs updating. I'm still pretty new to this and it's frustrating. I had a P2V before this aircraft and upgraded the firmware which led to a week of problems and no flying. Shouldn't I be able to fly with old firmware. Right now I'm grounded. :(
It's highly unlikely you encountered jamming.
It's much more likely you just ran into interference from other radio and wifi signals at the event.
You can fly with whatever firmware you want.
The Phantom is simply advising that updated firmware is available but you do not have to update.
You are not grounded.

Here's how you check your firmware:
i-bW2PvLd-L.png

No need to update every time. Go into the go app, then hit about at the bottom and then tell us the version.

I'm new here but I've been reading and learning an aweful lot. I thought the app would tell you things need updating. What I've read about version 1.5 you wouldn't want that period due to some serious battery issues.
Personally I updated everything right away, incl the extra battery, I'd think you'd want the latest and best software out, I do!
Good luck, I would update it asap
Others here, yourself included may have reasons I guess to not update, and seems some ppl run older firmware.

Sorry for the delay, we're camping... Being that the battery issue was brought out in the 1.5 session of updates, you should take it to the latest to be safe.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic