Strange smell when opening hard case

Reaction score
it looks like not many people use this site anymore but hopefully someone is still here who can help me with this one. i haven't used my p3a in a while but when i opened the hard case - like a pelican case - there was a weird sweet smell kind of like wet paint a little bit. anyone have that?

it looks like not many people use this site anymore but hopefully someone is still here who can help me with this one. i haven't used my p3a in a while but when i opened the hard case - like a pelican case - there was a weird sweet smell kind of like wet paint a little bit. anyone have that?
Check your batteries for swelling and charge status

Reactions: Oso
the whole forum has changed since i was here last. i'm so lost trying to find the pages i need. i hope i can figure it out and i hope it helps to bring more users. this forum used to be hopping but now its near death. only one reply to my question from 3 weeks ago. sad state of affairs.

Check your batteries for swelling and charge status
thank you for being the only person to reply in 3 weeks. it makes me nervous to be the only person with this concern about a strange sweet smell when i open my case. of course the batteries are all normal as far as i can tell. its raining today so i cant go out to test them in flight but they seem fine.

anyone else have ideas or has anyone else noticed this?

I find this forum fairly active especially considering how old the P3 is. As far as the strange smell goes, i can only think of 3 causes, a bad battery releasing gas, or the case was closed up under very high humidity conditions which may have caused some mold issues, or its the foam type packing that has released some gas from curing. The AC and RC itself would not create any smells sitting powered off.

Reactions: Oso and JoBe
I find this forum fairly active especially considering how old the P3 is. As far as the strange smell goes, i can only think of 3 causes, a bad battery releasing gas, or the case was closed up under very high humidity conditions which may have caused some mold issues, or its the foam type packing that has released some gas from curing. The AC and RC itself would not create any smells sitting powered off.
you should have seen the forum back when it was really active. in comparison it is a ghost town now.
i never thought about the foam stuff. thats a great thought thanks.

you should have seen the forum back when it was really active. in comparison it is a ghost town now.
i never thought about the foam stuff. thats a great thought thanks.
So in summary, you haven't been on the forum for 3 weeks but then you complain that its a ghost town? My son would sarcastically say, "Seems legit.". ;)

Reactions: JoBe and FL_Mike
So in summary, you haven't been on the forum for 3 weeks but then you complain that its a ghost town? My son would sarcastically say, "Seems legit.". ;)
:oops: r u judging me? :)

Possible reason that makes more sense if not battery leakage ... is damp case closed up ...

Nigel

I have to agree though that last month or so - the forum seems to be getting VERY quiet .... shame really as the DJi Forum suffers fools and 'restricted' posting of ideas and help. I usually look to Phantompilots to be wider and better to help ...

Nigel

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr