Strange quad behavior (at least to me)

Reaction score
I was flying my Phantom 2 Vision+ (ver 2.0) yesterday evening.
I was flying manually (well GPS) and all was going very well. This was my third flight.
I decided that I wanted to try out the Ground Station functionality.
I shut everything down (including the remote), and then opened the DJI Vision app and downloaded the image of my area via cell data.
I powered everything back up (or so I thought) I set the waypoints, hit done and Go.
The quad just nose dived into the ground. Never left the ground, it just sort of buried its head into the sand. Kinda like 2 motors went full throttle and the other 2 just did nothing.

I did neglect to turn on the transmitter. Not sure if that had anything to do with it.

I flew the quad manually after that. I didn't want to try my luck again with the GS. Still kind of confused.

Is this common? Did the fact that I neglected to power on the transmitter cause this?

LostAngel said:
I did neglect to turn on the transmitter.
At the least, you missed a very important step in your Phantom startup sequence. Always turn on the remote before powering on the Phantom.

msinger said:
LostAngel said:
I did neglect to turn on the transmitter.
At the least, you missed a very important step in your Phantom startup sequence. Always turn on the remote before powering on the Phantom.

Other than that, it might be a good idea to start your mission once your Phantom is airborne and not on the ground.

Better hit GO when your quad is at least a couple of meters above ground. I have never tried running a mission with my Phantom on the ground however I am also not aware of any official "don't" run mission if on the ground, if you know what I mean.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik