Strange occurance on take off !!

Reaction score
Hello All,

I am using stock Vision Plus with latest Android software with waypoints on it..

This freaked me out a bit, so I thought I'd post what happened..

Powered up the phone wifi, controller and drone as per normal... started motors up and drone sat there as it should with blades rotating...

All ready to go with nice 9 sat link, so I pushed left stick up to top.... The drone went up about two inches and rolled 90 degrees forward off my take off platform 6 inches above the ground onto the grass... Both front blades stopped rotating ( I did not know at the time, motors still running ).
I tried to shut it off by holding left stick at bottom, but no joy.... Turned off RC controller - still no switch off...

I had to grab drone by the landing struts.. Then when it was out of grass and horizontal, all motors revved up and it was trying to go straight up... Lucky I was holding it tightly...

The only way I could turn it off as RC was already off, was to turn drone battery off whilst it was still trying like hell to go straight up...

When I eventually got it back on the take off platform, I removed the rotor blades and powered up the units as before,, this time all seemed okay, no unusual revving of motors when I played with the RC sticks, so I powered it all down including phone...

Put rotor blades back on, powered it all up from scratch and it flew as if nothing had happened !!!!

Anyone got any ideas ???

If I had been on a flat level surface, I most likely would of just turned it horizontal,, then it would of had a mind of its own so to speak.

Before you ask I normally use a pre flight check list and followed that as I normally have done in the past without issue..

Thank you for your time

Alan Jackson

Thanks for advice Geert,,

But It would NOT go off with Just Left stick at bottom for more than 5 seconds,, or both sticks to corners - I know how to do that.. That's why I turned RC off ..

Oh well another mystery of the dreaded phantom 2 vision plus

Alan Jackson (NOT the country singer) lol

I don't know what caused the initial launch issue, but I can tell you why it went berserk afterwards.

You turned off the controller, so it had lost control signal and was attempting to go home!

Hopefully you had no damage or injuries?

Dirty Bird said:
I don't know what caused the initial launch issue, but I can tell you why it went berserk afterwards.

You turned off the controller, so it had lost control signal and was attempting to go home!

Hopefully you had no damage or injuries?

Good point. I love the fact that on the waypoints screen, you can tell that the homepoint has been set correctly.

Hi Alan,

Now it makes two having this strange experience!
My PV2+ banged into a brick wall and two props destroyed.
I did not power it of after just changing the props and it did the same thing once again, this time I was prepared so I could stop before any thing happened
After power of and on again everything was totally normal ??

Lets see it more people are having this "issue". Could it be "error 40" (40 cm from the control) Lol :D or is it an issue?

//gunnar

Thanks all,

Seems that the part after take off would have been the RTH activating, but no joy on initial incident on take off..

Alan

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.