Strange metallic jingle sound with throttle

Reaction score
The title says it all really. I had my new P3P out for its third flight today. I can't say for sure that I haven't noticed it before but while under throttle , possibly with lateral movement as well, there seems to be a slight metallic sounding rattle coming from the bird. Even when it was around 50m away from me I could definitely hear it. It sounds a bit like keys jangling or metallic ball bearings rattling a little. At idle there's no such sound however I did notice with the props off in the house yesterday there was a slight rattle coming from what appeared to be the casing on one arm leading out to a motor. Not sure if it's related but I wanted to get your thoughts on it.

I made sure all the screws under the motors were tight but not too much and the props were definitely screwed on correctly.

Any thoughts? Never been crashed ;-)

The title says it all really. I had my new P3P out for its third flight today. I can't say for sure that I haven't noticed it before but while under throttle , possibly with lateral movement as well, there seems to be a slight metallic sounding rattle coming from the bird. Even when it was around 50m away from me I could definitely hear it. It sounds a bit like keys jangling or metallic ball bearings rattling a little. At idle there's no such sound however I did notice with the props off in the house yesterday there was a slight rattle coming from what appeared to be the casing on one arm leading out to a motor. Not sure if it's related but I wanted to get your thoughts on it.

I made sure all the screws under the motors were tight but not too much and the props were definitely screwed on correctly.

If you can hear a rattle inside one of the arms-- has to be something loose. If you don't want to void the "warranty" they you have to send it in-- because the top shell has to come off. If you aren't concerned about the warranty, then take it off yourself and check it out. There video's available on Youtube showing the process.

If it's a rattle, can you hear it if you shake the aircraft a little ?
Also, I wonder if it could be an aerodynamic issue ?
-
Interesting...

Rattle is probably the wrong way to describe it. I haven't given it a shake or spun the rotors by hand to see if anything sounds weird, will do that this evening. It's more like the whistle sort of noise in the video above tbh

My P2 does what seems similar to the video.
All motors same temp., ~150 flights no problems.

What was the result? I have something similar going on a little concerned

End result was it seems like it's normal. I've seen a few videos on YouTube that also have that sound and mine still makes the sound after 100 flights with no issues.

Same issue here - I posted earlier about it, didn't see your post first.

I've seen videos with the same metallic rattle... apart from it being an uncomfortable sound to hear coming from the bird (sounds like something's loose), it makes the overall noise level an issue for some types of filming. The P3P was stealthy by comparison. Hmmmm...

My P2 does what seems similar to the video.
All motors same temp., ~150 flights no problems.

Same here with my P2. Thought it might be related to the gimbal, but never any issues.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4