Strange light sequence, 1 green then 2 red

Reaction score
I am experiencing a strange light sequence and I can't find anything that tells me what this is so I figure I would ask here

On startup, after normal startup cycle , it stays with 1 green blink and then 2 red blink. It stayed in this mode then entire time I flew around for testing.

I tied off some fishing line to test it(just in case it tried to take off) and all the basic works. I am able to fly around normally.
I did not test rth or fail safe as I really don't want to try those with something being wrong.

I have done some major work on the unit recently. I installed a 2nd flight cam, 400mw vtx, a 3 way video switch, iOSD mini and a Frsky X8R receiver so certainly something there could be part of the issue.
Also, I had a small component fry and lost the +12v coming out of the same cable as the video output cable that was hanging free under the Phantom.

Anyone have an idea what this light cycle might mean?

Thanks!

That sequence of lights is telling you - you have less than 5 sats in GPS

Goto DJI Wiki and you can download the light sequences

And it also means you're in NazaM mode instead of Phantom mode......... did you recently change modes ?

I did the change to enable IOC and I had to relearn all of the light sequences because they are different from standard Phantom mode.

Maybe the Naza got zapped into Naza M mode when you shorted out the video connector. Check your settings.

Thanks for the replies guys. I will check out the Naza mode tonight. Hopefully that's it!

It was in Naza mode!
Sweet, hopefully that was an easy fix :)
Raining out this afternoon so can' test till tomorrow.

Thanks!

Relay700 said:
It was in Naza mode!
Sweet, hopefully that was an easy fix :)
Raining out this afternoon so can' test till tomorrow.

Did you put it in Naza mode or did it just put itself in Naza mode?

I was switching back and forth to try and configure my gimbal to work with the Taranis remote so I must have left it in Naza mode.
That was the THAT issue, however, the new sequence is that the rear legs both flash steady green indicating GPS lock but the front 2 have solid red on. It remained this way during the entire flight.

I tested failsafe with fishing line and that worked perfectly. I flew for about 20 min without incident. I tried GPS mode and ATTI mode and both ok.

Relay700 said:
I was switching back and forth to try and configure my gimbal to work with the Taranis remote so I must have left it in Naza mode.
That was the THAT issue, however, the new sequence is that the rear legs both flash steady green indicating GPS lock but the front 2 have solid red on. It remained this way during the entire flight.

So does everybody else's. Totally normal.

Ah ha. Here I was thinking that the red was indicating something bad and it never occurred to me that it was just indicating front and rear of the phantom. Duh!

Thanks!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik