strange landing!

Reaction score
hi guys i just buy a phantom 2 with gimbal h3 d3, i put inmmersion rc 250 mw tx and works great, but i feel that i am i not control when i want to land , when i want to land i pull the phantom down slow because the turbulence, but when i am like 10 m from ground the phantom star landing at high speed, i put trottle up and had no reponse of the ship , all this happend when i will land, i do not know why the phantom do not reponde when y push trottle up, sudenly just land and high speed and i do not whant to kill me zenmuse because a hard landing.

hope someone can tell me why, i had propel guard, thats why i try to push trottle down slow, but suddenly tha phantom just go down and can not stop the landing .

Your quad is getting caught in it's own down draft when you descend, and that is sucking it down to the ground at high speed. The condition is called VRS or Vortex Ring State. You can search youtube for videos.
You should remove the prop guards as they worsen this condition. Also don't descend straight down, try to descend with a bit of direction on your right stick - move left or right, back or forwards as you descend.

GoodnNuff said:
Your quad is getting caught in it's own down draft when you descend, and that is sucking it down to the ground at high speed. The condition is called VRS or Vortex Ring State. You can search youtube for videos.
You should remove the prop guards as they worsen this condition. Also don't descend straight down, try to descend with a bit of direction on your right stick - move left or right, back or forwards as you descend.

well i just remove the prop guards and i just see that this prop guard are for the phantom 1, hope this solve this.

You can descend straight down which is necessary near the end of the landing sequence, you just can't do it too rapidly and that rapidity or speed varies depending on ambient wind conditions.

What is happening is that the air below the quad is also descending and when you are descend into a descending air mass lift is decreased resulting in an acceleration of descent rate or speed.

If you upgrade to the latest firmware VRS is virtually impossible as it descends with maximum of 2m/2 and even limits to 0.6m/s (I recall) from 30 feet. I must admit I haven't tried the upgrade myself yet due to the weather, but I thrust DJI's release notes are up to date.

Also, get the new 9450 props. They don't seem to cause VRS (at least, as far as we know at this moment everybody loves them). I certainly will get them asap.

And indeed, get rid of the 8" prop guards. They spoil the airflow below the dreaded VRS imposing 9" props even more. Even guards in the right size will influence flight negatively.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4