Strange happenings

Reaction score
So I brought the P4P in so I could get some practice in at a park near work.
Brought the bird up in DJI GO4 and flew a short up back, forward and down to land.
Discovered that the rear sensors are very wide - I was standing behind off to the side and I could not figure why it was not letting me come back. lol
Anyway then I shut off DJI GO and brought up Litchi. I wanted to send battery data to Airdata so I can number them to keep track. Launched and flew around a big circle, practiced a pull back trying to keep a statue in center - it's tough!
Landed, swapped batteries, flew again same thing.
Landed, swapped batteries and this time I got a firmware mismatch, which I can only assume the battery needs a firmware update. Strange nevertheless since I'm pretty sure I've flown with all my batteries in DJI GO4.
Anyway - this time I get in the air and start to go forward and the gimbal went straight down. Refused to pay any attention to the control wheel. Then I got a compass anomaly/error so I switched to DJI GO4 and landed it using RTH because I wanted see what it thought was return orientation. It was out 180 degrees.
So I cancelled RTH and landed manually. Tested gimbal and it responded to control dial.
I also discovered that focus to infinity using C1/C2 is a Mavic only option - dang! That's a useful one.
Is there something going on with Litchi I need to know about? Bird and controller are up to date on firmware, iPad Mini 4 is up to date on iOS. The gimbal not responding is a puzzle because it is just the controller - nothing to do with Litchi or DJI GO4 to my knowledge - yet it started working when I switched to DJI.

Reactions: chrismatthewssr
Another oddity is that in spite of shutting the aircraft down and swapping batteries the Airdata logs show the same battery used for all flights. That's really irritating as that was the whole point.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20