Strange fact alert

Reaction score
As some of you remember from past pleas for help, with regard to accessing this forum when I am not connected to WiFi, well, I'm away in Caribbean right now, not on WiFi, and I am easily connected to forum and typing away.

So strange. At home in new york, if I'm not on WiFi, I can't use this app at all, "failed to connect to server, contact forum administrator"

Here in most beautiful St Thomas...no WiFi, no problem...maybe it's a sign...8 should move down here

Same problem in Michigan. Can't use cellular data to connect to app. Wifi is fine. I've brought it up in three threads I believe and none of the admins have offered any solutions.

Maybe it's a sign for you to stay in St. Thomas. :rolleyes:

Same problem in Michigan. Can't use cellular data to connect to app. Wifi is fine. I've brought it up in three threads I believe and none of the admins have offered any solutions.

If you are using an IOS device have you tired resetting the network settings ? Settings - General - Reset - Reset Network settings. If you haven't tried that.

Use a Galaxy S6. Tried everything. Its not an isolated problem. Several people in the forum have mentioned it.

Use a Galaxy S6. Tried everything. Its not an isolated problem. Several people in the forum have mentioned it.

Have you tried using a different browser to see if that works ?

What's odd is I noticed I wasn't able to connect using the app on my Sprint Note 5, but was working fine before I switched from Verizon. I was using a note 3 with vzw not sure if it has anything to do without connection timing out but it is very odd indeed.

I would guess it has something to do with Sprint service. I use Sprint also.

Yeah, tried it on my work phone (att) and it works. Two things I really dont like about sprint is the fact that you cant be on the phone and use data at the same time and the fact that this pp app doesn't work on the network.

With an Android device, go to the advanced settings within WiFi and check the option to use Cellular Data on WiFi. But be warned some devices will then switch off the "bad" or no internet data available WiFi and go LTE or 4G.

Hmmm on AT&T iPhone 6 - and have never had an issue getting to forum on wifi or cellular... I have noticed a few times lately where the forum was slow to load on my computer

No issues so far on TMO cell devices, Iphone6, 6plus and iPad mini3 all cell or wifi.

@Buckaye - yes, I have seen some pages time out the last few days too. Figure it's just normal hosted server overlaodfor the holidays.

With an Android device, go to the advanced settings within WiFi and check the option to use Cellular Data on WiFi. But be warned some devices will then switch off the "bad" or no internet data available WiFi and go LTE or 4G.

I don't see how this would have any effect while trying to use cell data where no wifi is available. Wifi isn't the problem. It's cell data that won't access the forum when I don't have wifi.

Huh...when using the dji go app, does it use/need data?
I have a galaxy s4 with limited amount of date (not unlimited)

Cheers

Huh...when using the dji go app, does it use/need data?
I have a galaxy s4 with limited amount of date (not unlimited)

Cheers

We are talking about this forum app. Not the GO app. The GO app uses data for maps if it has a data connection, but it does not need a data connection.

Oh ok im reading up on many things at the minute..phantom..and car stuff
So not taking things in 100%
Happy days thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31