Strange Damage, Need Advice

Reaction score
Had my first proper crash yesterday, after, I believe iPad overheated, and I had a mixture of green and black screen. Last message I saw for about 1 second was now landing. Anyway my quad hit some scaffolding then the dirt. It was only 50 metres away so saw the whole thing from my terrace. So the damage, please take a look at the pictures. The shell is not actually cracked, it just appears buckled. The quad still flys perfectly, steady hover, all sensors working, all controls perfect. Do you think I should worry about this slightly deformed shell casing ?
f5356197f29a175ca42a9f2d269f8065.jpg
e17f77f4a63cbeff91d181dc32dc06ae.jpg
f6415acce1ec441ecc07ae45af978a01.jpg
d97ef0647c689463c3dc4055b079a2e4.jpg

Hard to see clearly, but there also appears to be damage on the ALL IMPORTANT lower shell half. The top half serves more so as a cover, but the bottom half is very important.

Reactions: Bermuda Sunset
I would be looking at replacing both shells, you can either get them from DJI/eBay or drop it off in metro Manila for repairs. I bought mine just out of the city and am trying to find the name of the place where I bought it from. They do sales and repairs.

Hi, thanks for your sharp eyes. There is a very little deformation on the lower shell, but doesn't appear actually cracked, just kind of wrinkled with the possibility of the tiniest of cracks by the cooling vent. I thought about putting a thin layer of epoxy resin over that ,, thoughts ?? Glad to know the topshell isn't too critical ? Thanks for replying ?
40e1c6109ca81464ff75eb9ef9e52f00.jpg

Well, both halves are important. When screwed together they form a stronger structure. But the bottom half supports the motors and if that is compromised the top half may not provide enough strength to keep the motor arm from snapping under load.

Thank you for your time mate, I'm going to think about the best and lightest way to give it some strength Don't want to put my baby off balance, and I'm not talking about the missus. Ha Ha

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4