Strange camera/gimbal issue

Reaction score
Flying the phantom 4 tonight in sports mode and switched to GPS and the camera stopped working from the controller.

It's staying level but swinging from left to right when you spin the drone. There is still friction against it. It's not totally loose but shouldn't be swinging.

I'm also getting video transmission warnings and the camera on the I pad display is turning on and off.

Any experience with this issue? is it worth checking for a loose ribbon cable or just sending in for repair?

Thanks

Derek

Sent from my SM-G935F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Same issues after a light crash , I did a cold imu and a Gimble calibration which corrected I would estimate 70 percent of the problem but still to much side to side movement to make flying enjoyable. So far I haven't gotten any help on this problem. I have a call in to a repair center if I get any info I will share it with you.

Reactions: Derek Mackinnon
I'll share my information on this issue that is now fixed

I decided to throw caution to the wind and remove the camera. This was easy enough and is held in with some small Allen screws and 2 cables and

One cable requires you to remove a small.metal shield that holds down the ribbon cable and the other is just a plug. Removed both had a look then replaced them.

The camera and drone is now fully functional again. It must have been a loose cable.

Happy I didn't have to ship it for repair.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie