Strange behaviour with H3-3D on P2

Reaction score
I had my first crash last weekend. I wasn't watching my battery level and the P2 went into autoland/critical battery. The P2 hit the side of the house and crashed about 10 ft to the ground. Nothing broke, but the clip holding the Hero4 to the gimbal snapped off and the camera went flying.

After putting everything back together, the gimbal tilted about 5° above the horizon and about 5° past horizontal.
I recalibrated everything and did an advanced IMU calibration. Now I had to change the gimbal limits in the PT2 program to get the tilt back to 0-90°. It's still not perfect, but closer to the pre-crash condition. However, when I rotate left, the camera tilts left and rotate right the camera tilts right. Followed by a slow return to level. This is what you would expect in FPV view, but that is not selected in the PT2 program.

About a year ago my P2Z hit some brush at about 5' off the ground and it went down. I notice a tilted horizon after that. I did a closer inspection one of the gimbal arms was bent ever so slightly. I hand straightened it and it has been good ever since. I assume you have inspected the gimbal, but I figured I would mention my story anyways. ;)

If you were to find a bent gimbal, maybe it is possible the software gimbal settings you made are making the gimbal 'drunk'?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic