Strange altimiter readings?

Reaction score
I just got my P4 Pro+ last week and so far have really enjoyed it.

One strange thing happened today on a 2000' flight. Near the end of the flight with ~40 percent battery remaining, the altimeter in the go app started going up even though I wasn't ascending. Winds were a bit gusty today, ~18mph with some gusts. I landed but the altimeter didn't seem to reflect the current altitude. The altimeter in the app decreased very slowly compared to my descent, and on the ground the altimeter still read 66 feet. It then slowly over a minute or two continued decreasing, slowly, as it was sitting on the ground.

I thought I'd take off again when it reached 0 to see if it was normal again, so with the props stopped, I went to the app and tried to set the homepoint to the current location of the bird, and it said home point Not set. I tried to set the homepoint to the location of the remote, and that also said home point Not set and still showed the homepoint 2000' away where I had taken off from my previous flight. GPS was green the whole time.

I thought maybe it had triggered a return to home based on battery left and my takeoff point being 2000' away, but I didn't get any warning or alert on the go app screen to indicate this. And I don't understand why the altimeter height in the app would not go down as I descended with the throttle stick and actually landed.

I then power cycled the phantom, and then all was normal. I ascended to 200' and landed and the altimeter behaved normally.

Any thoughts on either of these events?

Last edited:
Can we check out your TXT flight log? If so, please upload it here and post a link back here.

Don't have a fix for you but I see this alot both on p4 and p4p.
When I land it is never the same as take off with any of the birds, sometimes in excess of 100ft. The horizontal is always with in 10 to 15 feet. Will be interested to see what the flight loq tells.

Today the pro+ remote prompted me to apply an update. It downloaded ~800 MB and then when it turned back on stuck with a DJI logo only. Support had me try to connect via DJI assistant, and it wouldn't see the Pro+ remote at all (saw the bird fine). Now the remote gives me a map init error: MISSING_LIBRARIES. It can connect to the bird fine, but displays no map, either standard map or satellite map. Remote itself says its up to date under check for updates. Since DJI Assistant 2 won't even see the remote, DJI has offered to replace the remote with a new one (not refurbed) since I've only had it such a short time (which is good at least.)

I used the tool above (excellent - thank you!) I didn't want to post a link on the public forum to my whole flight track, but it was interesting in that the flight log didn't show the readings I was seeing in the Go App. I can see using the PhantomHelp log viewer that the flight log shows an altimiter reading of -1 to -4.6 feet when the VPSAltitude shows its landing (the landing spot was a few feet lower than the take off spot), while when I was looking at the app it was still s-l-o-w-l-y coming down from 66' still (while on the ground.) I'm not sure, but possibly this is tied to some weird issue with my pro+ remote that further showed itself by failing when the update applied...

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4