Straight from the CEO: Flyaways are your own fault

Reaction score
When asked about their poor customer service and fly aways he basically b!tch slaps his customers and says traditionally these products where used by hobbyists and when flown away or crashed they blamed themselves. But now since more people are using them they have problems. I think it was a poorly thought out answer to a question a lot of customers have. The rest of the interview is fluff for DJI. This question is around 2 minutes into the video.

http://www.wsj.com/video/what-next-for- ... A4FAC.html

derrickduff said:
When asked about their poor customer service and fly aways he basically b!tch slaps his customers and says traditionally these products where used by hobbyists and when flown away or crashed they blamed themselves. But now since more people are using them they have problems. I think it was a poorly thought out answer to a question a lot of customers have. The rest of the interview is fluff for DJI. This question is around 2 minutes into the video.

http://www.wsj.com/video/what-next-for- ... A4FAC.html

I wouldn't necessarily say that is exactly what he said.. It seemed to me he was saying with a larger market, more crashes are capable of happening. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what I got from it.

I would say there is some room for interpretation which in itself is a bad thing. My first impression was wow, he just told his customer base they are at fault and need to take responsibility. Like Ian said, even if this is correct there are better ways of communicating it.

No comment about poor customer service. Is there such a word in chinese language?

Best wishes to 3D Robotics, and open source approach -- vs. Linux/Android

I thought that he was trying to say that the hardcore hobbyist usually sucks it up after a crash and fixes his rig. Phantom pilots aren't really built for those types of mishaps.

I don't think he was blaming the customers, i think he was trying to dodge the question and it came out very vague. It was a poor response. It would have been better if he had admitted some technological problems and promised improvements. Just my take on it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31