Storm FPV Transmitter Question, Help?

Reaction score
this is the transmitter from the storm all in one deluxe package. can someone that has purchased this item please let me know how you have yours setup?

will this work sideways like this?

16jhsoy.jpg

if I put it straight, it overhangs just enough to mess up taking the battery in and out.

3160oyt.jpg

thank you!

drew

Out the back is better. Look how close your vTX antenna is to your 2.4 RX. That will decrease the effectiveness of both. And on the other side you have the compass which you really don't want to be too close to either. So, out the back is best. Use some velcro or thick double sided tape to keep it from pressing against the battery.

ianwood said:
Out the back is better. Look how close your vTX antenna is to your 2.4 RX. That will decrease the effectiveness of both. And on the other side you have the compass which you really don't want to be too close to either. So, out the back is best. Use some velcro or thick double sided tape to keep it from pressing against the battery.

thank you ian. i kind of figured it was best out the back and i didn't even think about adding a spacer of some sort.

thanks again.

drew

I never finished connecting the transmitter yesterday. got sidetracked.

I was wondering, is it okay to put it on the left or right like this with a little bit hanging over? this transmitter is awkward. when plugged in, it wont go under the gimbal in the center. and you cant get the battery out. I was planning on adding the iosd mini as soon as it arrives. so, is it okay to just stick this on the left or right and fly until the mini gets here?

thanks for any advice, help. I really appreciate it.

drew

bi0xns.jpg

5fi06r.jpg

f57u3o.jpg

never mind. thanks. its on. works perfect. going for a test fly.

thanks all.

drew

I've got mine mounted like this.

No problems so far....

Attachments

• P2 Boscam.jpg
    P2 Boscam.jpg
    366.2 KB · Views: 692
bernardb said:

No problems so far....

cool. thanks bernardb. i was going to do that at first. i put it long ways on the right side instead. battery goes in an out no problems. i just added 2 layers of 3m tape.

how do you plug your camera in? im not seeing the plug.

also, can you or someone help me with a camera glitch question im having now? i went out for a test flight when i got it all hooked up. everything worked perfect as far as flying and all that. no problems whatsoever. start up was perfect from gps, camera to phantom.

i got it up about 10 feet or so and the gimbal went limp. before i could land, it reset and did just fine. ran the battery down. put in new battery. same thing. perfect start up. then the gimbal went limp but it stayed limp longer. maybe 30 or so seconds. then reset.

any idea?

thank you

drew

drewtx said:
bernardb said:

No problems so far....

cool. thanks bernardb. i was going to do that at first. i put it long ways on the right side instead. battery goes in an out no problems. i just added 2 layers of 3m tape.

how do you plug your camera in? im not seeing the plug.

also, can you or someone help me with a camera glitch question im having now? i went out for a test flight when i got it all hooked up. everything worked perfect as far as flying and all that. no problems whatsoever. start up was perfect from gps, camera to phantom.

i got it up about 10 feet or so and the gimbal went limp. before i could land, it reset and did just fine. ran the battery down. put in new battery. same thing. perfect start up. then the gimbal went limp but it stayed limp longer. maybe 30 or so seconds. then reset.

any idea?

thank you

drew

never mind. I figured this one out too.

im kind of impressed with my purchase. good color on the screen. only two wires to solder. camera and gimbal still work like they are supposed too. I noticed my battery life now is 15 minutes. im fine with that. I got three really good videos today. all of them are 15-17 minutes long. once I learn how to edit them, ill post them.

it was a great day to fly and im happy with my p2 and new fpv setup. that is all.

drew

CJ31 said:
What range are you guys getting with the helipal deluxe package? And did you upgrade any antennas?

I have this package. When I'm in line of sight, I'm getting just around 900ft before it starts to get staticky. I have yet to get to a location where I can fly to where I'm comfortable losing fpv to see if I can still control it.

I'm also curious about upgrading all the antennas. I keep searching because I know the answer has had to have been covered in these pages somewhere but they're such common keywords, I'm getting everything but what I'm looking for.

Would really like to know if it's worth it to get spironets or bluebeams. How much would it improve FPV range as well as control range for the P2 . . .

poostik said:

I'm also curious about upgrading all the antennas. I keep searching because I know the answer has had to have been covered in these pages somewhere but they're such common keywords, I'm getting everything but what I'm looking for.

Would really like to know if it's worth it to get spironets or bluebeams. How much would it improve FPV range as well as control range for the P2 . . .

I am lurking with the same question... mainly because I cannot seem to remove the vtx antenna- hoping someone else will chime in with a make it or break it story :eek: :oops:

When I'm in line of sight, I'm getting just around 900ft before it starts to get staticky
900ft doesn't seem like it's that far. Other setups I see claim 500-800M but who knows. Any feedback on antennas? I see some cheap antennas on Amazon, but not sure if they are the right type and would help. I really would rather not have to spend another $80+ on antennas.

http://www.amazon.com/NEEWER®-Circu...id=1392905563&sr=8-1&keywords=5.8ghz+antennas

http://www.amazon.com/Super-Power-S...id=1392905533&sr=8-6&keywords=5.8ghz+antennas

http://www.amazon.com/NEEWER®-Circu...F8&qid=1392905746&sr=8-3&keywords=fpv+antenna

CJ31 said:
When I'm in line of sight, I'm getting just around 900ft before it starts to get staticky
900ft doesn't seem like it's that far. Other setups I see claim 500-800M but who knows. Any feedback on antennas? I see some cheap antennas on Amazon, but not sure if they are the right type and would help. I really would rather not have to spend another $80+ on antennas.

I need to get out to a bigger area where I can test better. I've only been out a few times and each time I immediately turned it around when it started to get static for more than a few seconds. Still waiting to hear more about the antennas too. I don't mind making the investment if I know it will increase range.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj