Storm All In One FPV iOSD Mini Help!

Reaction score
i bought the all in one storm fpv system and already have it on my p2. been using it for a few days now. all is good.

the mini iosd arrived last night and now im confused.

when i connected the transmitter to the p2, i used two of the four wires for power. the other two werent used. the iosd mini has the same four color coded wires. how do i connect this now? do i only need the other two wires that werent used? do i have to splice and solder all over again? oh man, im so ready to go fly.... help!

thank you in advance for any and all help!!!

drew

drewtx said:
i used two of the four wires for power. the other two werent used.

Have you confirmed you are actually getting an FPV picture ? The 2 wires you did not connect are the video signal that comes from the GoPro via the connector on the back of it via the gimbal. Or do you have a separate cable going from the gopro supplying the video signal to your transmitter ?

Anyway, unfortunately you will need to rewire because the iOSD goes in between the go pro and the transmitter, ie

GoPro --> iOSD --> FPV Tx

SARC said:
drewtx said:
i used two of the four wires for power. the other two werent used.

Have you confirmed you are actually getting an FPV picture ? The 2 wires you did not connect are the video signal that comes from the GoPro via the connector on the back of it via the gimbal. Or do you have a separate cable going from the gopro supplying the video signal to your transmitter ?

Anyway, unfortunately you will need to rewire because the iOSD goes in between the go pro and the transmitter, ie

GoPro --> iOSD --> FPV Tx

yes, getting good fpv picture. yes, the gopro is separate.

thanks sarc for your help.

drew

I get that the brown and yellow go together. my problem is, the orange and brown are being used to power the transmitter.

15n37vc.jpg

so if I undo the transmitter and solder the iosd into the correct color coded pattern, then where do I get power for the transmitter?

can I just solder the iosd power to the soldered part for the transmitter? hope that makes sense.

anyway, please help!!!!!

drew

Hi Drew,

Basically what you need to do is put the IOSD Mini inline beween the P2 and the transmitter.

The two wires that are supplying video from the P2 (Brown & Yellow... that I presume you have got going into the Transmitter Video input at the moment) need to be connected to the IOSD Video & Gnd IN.

Yellow from Phantom -> IOSD Video In (Yellow)
Brown from Phantom -> IOSD GND (Brown - Next to Yellow)

Then you'll have two wires coming from the IOSD Mini which haven't been connected yet? These go to the transmitter.

IOSD Video Out (Orange) -> vTX Video In
IOSD Gnd (Brown above orange) - > vTX Video Gnd

Ignore the power you've already got those connected. Dont' forget to connect the CanBus lead from the IOSD to the P2 and you may need to update the firmware on the IOSD also.

Take a look at the illustration on this page
http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=6290

The best way to join these wires is to solder them and then heat shrink over the joint. It’s by far the most reliable connection.

The colours aren't the same because it's a design for a custom cable but the schematic is what you are looking at. You'll see that two wires from the phantom connect to the IOSD and then the two wires that are left on the IOSD connect to the vTX. If you think about how it's working it makes sense. The GoPro kicks out an image, passes that image to the IOSD which overlays all the funky flight data and then passes the combined image to the transmitter to pass to you on the ground.

Also check out this post http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?t=5108 as Ravecreative has written extensively about connecting the IOSD Mini and vTX.

Also Drew, once you've got it up and running, would you mind letting me know which pins on the vTX connector correspond to V+, Ground, Video In, Gnd and I will put that information in the post about connectors alsong side the other vTX diagrams.

Shout if you need any more help.

goldfishrock said:
Hi Drew,

Basically what you need to do is put the IOSD Mini inline beween the P2 and the transmitter.

The two wires that are supplying video from the P2 (Brown & Yellow... that I presume you have got going into the Transmitter Video input at the moment) need to be connected to the IOSD Video & Gnd IN.

Yellow from Phantom -> IOSD Video In (Yellow)
Brown from Phantom -> IOSD GND (Brown - Next to Yellow)

Then you'll have two wires coming from the IOSD Mini which haven't been connected yet? These go to the transmitter.

IOSD Video Out (Orange) -> vTX Video In
IOSD Gnd (Brown above orange) - > vTX Video Gnd

Ignore the power you've already got those connected. Dont' forget to connect the CanBus lead from the IOSD to the P2 and you may need to update the firmware on the IOSD also.

Take a look at the illustration on this page
http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=6290

The best way to join these wires is to solder them and then heat shrink over the joint. It’s by far the most reliable connection.

The colours aren't the same because it's a design for a custom cable but the schematic is what you are looking at. You'll see that two wires from the phantom connect to the IOSD and then the two wires that are left on the IOSD connect to the vTX. If you think about how it's working it makes sense. The GoPro kicks out an image, passes that image to the IOSD which overlays all the funky flight data and then passes the combined image to the transmitter to pass to you on the ground.

Also check out this post http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?t=5108 as Ravecreative has written extensively about connecting the IOSD Mini and vTX.

Also Drew, once you've got it up and running, would you mind letting me know which pins on the vTX connector correspond to V+, Ground, Video In, Gnd and I will put that information in the post about connectors alsong side the other vTX diagrams.

Shout if you need any more help.

awesome goldfish! thank you!!!

yellow and brown to p2.

orange and brown to transmitter. thats where i was getting confused. i thought both of those wires went to the p2 as well.

seriously, thanks for your help. as soon as i get it on, ill let you know the information you requested.

drew

I just got the time to sit down and mess with this thing thinking I had it figured out. boy was I wrong. this is the layout of the ts-352 transmitter.

2mrgy89.jpg

1r3tjp.jpg

the yellow and black are the gopro. the red and black are the power to the p2 coming out of the bottom of the p2.

where do I plug this iosd into? where do the brown and orange wires go? what slot/s? and how do I put the wire in the slot? trim off some of the coating and just push it in? do I need some other kind of adapter?

this is the last question ill ask. thanks for all the help given to me so far. this is it though. this is too much work for 15 minutes of fun or another $300.00 bucks for two batteries.

drew

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1