Storm-all-in-one FPV black screen issue

Reaction score
Here is a video of my issue.... Please help.

http://youtu.be/h431LHigEJs

Hoping someone can assist me.... I just installed http://www.helipal.com/storm-all-in-one ... eluxe.html on my phantom 2. I am currently using a 2c 800mAH Lipo to power the wireless transmitter. Once everything is plugged up and on All i can get is a black screen. When I unplug wireless receiver it turns to a static screen. I just took it out to the park and had the same result as my test at home.... I am not getting any video, either a black screen or black screen with fuzz. I would love to have this fpv system working proper before I take out my phantom 2. does anyone have any suggestions for me to try?

Ps... Using a gopro 3+ black edition.

I wrote to them today morning.

Thats the reply:

"Please try to use 11.1V battery first, if still fail, let's swap iy.

Please kindly send the FPV transmitter and GOPRO cable back to us in a small box, keep it as small and light as possible (just like a letter in an envelope) by cheapest airmail. And write down your order number on it.

Our address :

Asia To World Group Limited
Flat A-D, 8/F, Wai Cheong Ind. Center,
Shek Pai Tau Road 5,
Tuen Mun, N.T.
Hong Kong

You need to contact us once you've shipped the item, we'll ship you new FPV transmitter and new GOPRO cable by then.

Jacky
"

I just purchased the deluxe kit as well, but haven't hooked it up yet. Please let us know how this unfolds.

Thanks!

I'd bet it's the GoPro usb cable seems some people are having problems with GPH3B and + . If you know anyone with a GoPro 3 silver or white try it with that cable bet you get video . I have not got a cable for the go pro yet just using the cam that came with the Fatshark P2 . When I do order one it will be from readymade .
There are a few threads on problems like this here and on RCG most where resolved with a new GP wire .

Pls tell me (somebody who also purchased it) - does it work properly? I am very interested in this combo...

Bump...

I have been sitting on a decision to try this set up... but am holding off as I still have a lot to learn about fpv (from my personal perspective)

I still want to get the hardware as I will be tearing down my Phantom in the next month, and I plan on doing a complete upgrade- I may as well go ahead and at least have the stuff installed when it goes back together- I will need to have the aux power lead fished through the shell, and I want to have an accurate supply list for fpv, and a new Futaba (I still haven't decided which radio to settle on- but I know I am not ready for open source stuff, so the skyy stuff is out)

I was hoping this thread would have an update, or at least some anecdotal info to pass along.

My kit arrived, but I need to do quite a bit more research before tearing into the Phantom and setting it all up. I'm still new to FPV and have only limited experience with electronics. If someone could provide me with some direction, I'll block off some time next weekend to work on it!

On the surface though, the kit seems solid and highly professional.

EMCSQUAR said:
I went with this ->http://www.ebay.com/itm/FPV-7-LCD-V...Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5402ac0a11

then added these ->http://www.ebay.com/itm/191008056053?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

then yesterday bit the bullet and bought Futaba T8J (couldn't pass on price $230 from Hobby Warehouse)

Thanks for the links- do you have any initial range tests to get an idea of what the limits are? I would be happy with 1.5 to 3 km max for the Phantom. If I end up getting any more insane in this hobby (can anyone say foreshadow? I am already feckin so far gone) I will build a proper multi-rotor and do a complete custom config from scratch for long range. How is the actual resolution on that monitor? I like to have as large and clear as possible- I fight cataracts in my one eye, so depth perception is beginning to be a problem.

Marcus314 said:
My kit arrived, but I need to do quite a bit more research before tearing into the Phantom and setting it all up. I'm still new to FPV and have only limited experience with electronics. If someone could provide me with some direction, I'll block off some time next weekend to work on it!

On the surface though, the kit seems solid and highly professional.

Thanks for the feedback- I am still very interested in what you find and how you end up feeling about the equipment.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20