Stored video resolution issue PSA/Ipad Mini 4 on DJI Go

Reaction score
So I'm relatively new to the hobby and Ive noticed that the video quality on the playback of video recordings are pretty, well, horrible. 720p would be stretching it... As stated above I have the P3A and I use an Ipad Mini 4 to view the live feed via lightbridge so I would expect to have at least 1080p I would think... Is there a way to adjust the settings somewhere or is this the way it is?

Ok, that I did know. Im using an Ipad Mini 4, brand new. Sometimes it comes in relatively clear, and other times its very pixelated and buffered looking. Im still trying to find a way to import the video files from my laptop to my Ipad, but I'm running windows 7 on it right now so all I can do really is export image files. Thats a whole other issue.

I'm not sure if your aware but the DJI Go app has a basic video editor which is simple and effective but very light on the customizations and control you would otherwise get from a dedicated video editing app or software.

Dropouts are caused by loss of the return video signal to the GO app. If you review those videos on an HDTV they are definitely 720. I suggest you transfer the Full HD videos from the SD card to your laptop/PC if that's how you want to view them. However, make sure you're not shooting above 1080 or on 1080 with a high frame rate as the video card probably won't cope.

Im still trying to find a way to import the video files from my laptop to my Ipad, but I'm running windows 7 on it right now so all I can do really is export image files.

Look for a program called Walter. 30 day free trial will send any video type to iPad

Ok, that I did know. Im using an Ipad Mini 4, brand new. Sometimes it comes in relatively clear, and other times its very pixelated and buffered looking. Im still trying to find a way to import the video files from my laptop to my Ipad, but I'm running windows 7 on it right now so all I can do really is export image files. Thats a whole other issue.

I'm not sure if your aware but the DJI Go app has a basic video editor which is simple and effective but very light on the customizations and control you would otherwise get from a dedicated video editing app or software.
If you are on Win 7 and also using an Apple device you may want to install the Win7 codec pack. DJI playback on my Win7 machines was flaky until I installed all the codecs. It is on MajorGeeks

Last edited:
It's actually called Waltr.

CopyTrans Photo works really well too, in both directions and it's free with no limitations.

Been a while since i used it for a friend to put some videos on her ipad, gonna get CopyTrans Photo and see if it works.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan