Stolen in Seattle

Reaction score
I had my drone and all accessories with my hard case stolen a couple days ago. Rental car window was smashed and anything in sight was taken (please spare me the lecture on what I could have done differently I'm aware).

I've filed a police report locally (currently on vacation in Seattle was on the space needle when it occurred), I've posted a hail-mary of a craigslist ad that has only brought forward an attempted scammer so far.

I've been in touch with my credit card company (Chase southwest card in case anyone has any experience) regarding their purchase protection plan, supposedly this could recoup up to $500 for me but customer support on the phone read an exemption clause that specifically said RC toys. What I see online for the protection plan policy (Southwest Premier Credit Card | Southwest Airlines Credit Card) neither the document availale (premier or platinum) mention this. I don't know if I have the original paperwork from when I got the card 5 years ago which might bite me but I'm not back home yet.

The phone rep was also unable to provide me with a copy of the policy from which she was reading for some reason.

I have read on the forums that reporting my serial number to DJI would be a good idea and that DJI go or litchi could display the serial number. Problem is I don't think the apps will display the number without being actively connected which obviously is no longer an option for me. Where else could I get my hands on my serial number?

Sorry for the rant/wall of text I'm just venting here. It already took me 25 man hours hiking to recover my bird after a crash last month but I don't see myself hiking out of this one.

Looking for any advice from this forum on what I can do. I don't expect to see it again but I'd sure like to make sure no body else gets to fly it either!

Thanks for reading,

Nicolai

Have you tried contacting DJI? That thing has a serial number and I suspect they know when someone tries to activate it. Don't know if they have provisions for these situations or not.

Certainly hope you didn't have any private info on the tablet in the case. Passwords. WiFi connections. Email logins. If so, I would be changing those already.

Reactions: dirkclod
Once you get the serial number it's important to contact SPD again and make sure it gets added to the report. Without it, your chances of getting it back are near zero.

Do you still have the box at home? Maybe you can have someone take a look for it.

Do you have any litchi logs or txt logs?
They have SN - not the same as on the box but maybe someone knows how to convert them or maybe DJI can help.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj