Stock Range, 1,010 meters - 3,282 ft ! :)

Reaction score
After much ado, I finally got to take my P3s out to a friends house to check the stock range.

I managed to get her out to 3,282 ft before RTH kicked in. I am not a distance junkie normally, in fact, I was physically shaking as I watched the distance countdown as it made it's way back to me, totally unable to see the bird at all.

Absolutely thrilled with the distance and the fact that it came home without a hitch. I doubt I will ever go that far out again but it sure was a buzz, especially when you consider, I couldn't get it to go beyond 650ft a couple of weeks ago.

I definitely won't be fitting my ARGTEK antenna now, simply don't need it and I have never once lost video connection.

Who knew a little plastic flying machine could be such a hoot! :)

might want to fit just in case you want to fly far one day

Absolutely thrilled with the distance and the fact that it came home without a hitch. I doubt I will ever go that far out again but it sure was a buzz, especially when you consider, I couldn't get it to go beyond 650ft a couple of weeks ago.

Great post - I can only imagine the feeling!

Done lots of flights but no distance one yet - not sure on that one.

I figure the battery, despite any distance fight mods ultimately decides on far out we can go and safely return.

Glad you experienced that and she came back to you! Nice job!

Reactions: martybabe
Glad you made it back. I think almost every drone owner has to do this at least once. Yeah, me too, but I'm thinkin, the next mod we need to see is a loudspeaker to talk to people we see on a flight like this. Although I don't know what you'd say. "Hi! I'm not spying or taking pictures of your daughter, just thought I'd drop in and say Hey!"
LOL

Reactions: martybabe
After much ado, I finally got to take my P3s out to a friends house to check the stock range.

I managed to get her out to 3,282 ft before RTH kicked in. I am not a distance junkie normally, in fact, I was physically shaking as I watched the distance countdown as it made it's way back to me, totally unable to see the bird at all.

I definitely won't be fitting my ARGTEK antenna now, simply don't need it and I have never once lost video connection.

Who knew a little plastic flying machine could be such a hoot! :)

Good deal and glad you are happy with it as is.

I imagine my wife becomes tired of hearing me exclaim every time I come inside "I'm amazed, simply amazed" at this thing(P3P). lol

I'm right on the gulf in Texas, and I have this weird idea of just starting on the beach, and going out as far as it will go. I know if anything happens and it goes down, it goes down in the water. The RTH would probably kick in and save me, but its still over water, and how much of a ******* would I look like telling that story on here? Guess I wont do it, but..........

I did it in gulf on sunday got out 2500 feet and came back little scary

I tried out rth could of just kept going but chicken out my bird landed within 2 feet of takeoff

I tried out rth could of just kept going but chicken out my bird landed within 2 feet of takeoff
Well, that's good. If there are other people doing it, maybe I'll try. I could turn around and go the opposite direction, but I'm on Mustang Is, and if it got very far, it'd still be over water.

let it rip you might loose signal but it will come back

We'll see. Be better if I had bought it when the price dropped, but I paid 699 for it. And a new camera/gimbal to boot. Still got the original as a spare. I don't know, we shall see.

might want to fit just in case you want to fly far one day

Far enough for me mate :D

Great post -

I figure the battery, despite any distance fight mods ultimately decides on far out we can go and safely return.

Glad you experienced that and she came back to you! Nice job!

Still pushing that fast forward stick after the bird had disappeared from view was scary as heck, but it came back to Daddy with just over 70% left in the tank. I'm back to gentle filming now but so glad I did it, sometimes you've just gotta. ;)
Glad you made it back. I think almost every drone owner has to do this at least once. Yeah, me too, but I'm thinkin, the next mod we need to see is a loudspeaker to talk to people we see on a flight like this. Although I don't know what you'd say. "Hi! I'm not spying or taking pictures of your daughter, just thought I'd drop in and say Hey!"
LOL

:D Great idea, my mate lives about 2 kilometers away, I'd love to fly over there and give him an early morning serenade!

Reactions: flpholt
Far enough for me mate :D

Still pushing that fast forward stick after the bird had disappeared from view was scary as heck, but it came back to Daddy with just over 70% left in the tank. I'm back to gentle filming now but so glad I did it, sometimes you've just gotta. ;)

:D Great idea, my mate lives about 2 kilometers away, I'd love to fly over there and give him an early morning serenade!
That'd be hilarious huh..LOL

P1030150.JPG

I'm right on the gulf in Texas, and I have this weird idea of just starting on the beach, and going out as far as it will go. I know if anything happens and it goes down, it goes down in the water. The RTH would probably kick in and save me, but its still over water, and how much of a ******* would I look like telling that story on here? Guess I wont do it, but..........
Over water is the best. Take it out trust your rth. You will be surprised how far it will go. 5k no problem.
Next mission. Going high.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: jointeffort
[QUOTE="Tony Cowan,
Next mission. Going high.

[/QUOTE]

That's one challenge I won't be taking up.We have loads of crop dusters, tourist flights and rescue Helicopters buzzing around most of the time.:(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic