Stills are very noisy on P2V+

Reaction score
I find that the stills that my P2V+ takes are quite nosiy even in DNG format. For a 14mp camera they really seem very poor. They seem better when they are from far away, but close up shots seem very noisy. Is this just my camera, or are they all this way. Are their any suggestions for settings to minimize this. I have been shooting at ISO 100, so its not an auto ISO issue.

Thanks but that is not the issue. I am a fairly proficient photographer and own many Nikon pro level cameras (D800e) and use Adobe Lightroom and have applied lens profiles and noise reduction. I don't see this as a problem when I am up in the air, but took a shot with the camera of myself from about 10' away and it was very noisy and looked like crap.

The sensor on the P2V+ camera is tiny, and not of the best quality. But I can still get good results with a little attention in Lightroom.

I love the integration of the P2V+ platform; being able to take photos and start/stop video from the app is what led me to choose it. I would love for DJI to improve the quality of the camera. But it is by far the best-quality camera that I can currently fly for cheap.

The camera needs a LOT of light... 400 is its highest ISO, and it is very noisy there. The lens is fixed at F2.8 and all the exposure adjustment is via shutter speed ( and ISO if auto is set). The slowest shutter speed available is 1/30 which coupled with ISO 400 give you its lowest light limit, but it is REALLY noisy there. I wish it were a Canon 1DX but then I just can't get the P2V+ to lift my 1DX for some reason... :) For outdoor video and stills though I am pretty impressed with the P2V+ camera. It does a lot for its size and weight. I do wish there were a setting to do automatic exposure bracketing for stills though...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.