Still struggling: firmware update and remote/drone connection

Reaction score
To date, have viewed multiple threads, can’t get my firmware to flash....no txt file stating success. Formatted mini SD, made sure it was a single bin file in the root (I think). No controller on, started the drone, then re-started. Doesn’t seem to finish...let it go for 30 min.
I’m new to this....do I need to send it in for repair.
When I first got it (used), it worked fine....then it asked me to update the firmware.....disaster since.
Specs:
P3 advanced
Controller says it’s F/W is utd
iPad, iOS utd
DJI Go utd from App Store.

Please help

made sure it was a single bin file in the root (I think)
This is an important step. Also, you need to make sure you have a P3A BIN in the root of your memory card. Each P3 model has a different BIN file.

You can find detailed Phantom 3 firmware installation instructions here. Double check those steps to ensure you're doing everything correctly.

Reactions: quaddamage
You should try both.

My instructions are very detailed. Please follow them carefully.

Which link?

Not sure what all is in the instructions, but I recommend formatting the SD card with the app.

Rod

Added: Is it not flyable right now?

You did try to re-link controller to app?

Rod

"Honest".......most of us here never do a firmware UP. date IF what we have is making us happy.we all tend to Ignore the ideas to perform a update ! You honestly don't have to up date....just click past it.......i have for the last 5 months

Yeah, I'm kind of wondering if re-link will make it fly.

Rod

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
be sure to do all updates. be sure on the rc your running p3a , or p3p fw what ever bird you have. force reload fw on the bird if you have to. fw can get dirty or corrupt somtimes.

I’ve verified all of the above. Drone firmware is 1.8, trying to re-install gives a txt msg ‘aborted, same firmware. I’ve used several different cards. Remote won’t link to drone, even using the multi-button manual re-link....just beeps and blinks a blue light....I’ve let it go for 20 minutes.
Now what? Where can I send it in for repair as I live in Wisconsin

Which firmware did you install on the remote controller? How did you install it?

What do you see now in DJI GO after restarting everything?

IMG_1713.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl