Still no google maps

Reaction score
I posted earlier about update recommendations and got some good advice, much appreciated. I rolled back djiGo app to 2.8.3, did the fix to stop the "must update" nag, and most everything looks ok, though I haven't flown it yet. Weather bound. :( I STILL can't get rid of the "here" maps, and get google maps back.
Are there some cache files that need to be deleted, like the "heremaps" folder contains?
I'm kinda stumped, and I've not found any "rabbit trails" of info to help.
Any and all input is greatly appreciated. Gary

I did a video on taking care of DJI nagging. I am able to use google earth maps. I run 2.9.1. But ya gotta root for it to work. As far as how the "Here map" runs I am unsure. I just know I see the lovely Earth maps...

Reactions: GWTX
64713.jpg

GrammatonxXXxCleric
Thank you sir. I was trying to avoid rooting. I had read and read and read different "fixes", and it seemed the method I used was working.(I edited the "list.json files) So far I've not had recurrence of the "must update" nag. But the "here" map keeps coming up when I start up. I guess I may have to root and try another method. Do you, or anyone else have a link to a good tutorial for rooting a Samsung tablet. Mine is a Tab A 8. I know, it's borderline on horse power, but it worked well until the first time I updated. Thanks again, Gary

Last edited:
Rooting is fairly easy to do if you follow the directions carefully. Read the instructions first, then again for good measure. TWRP is a method I've used several times with success. Would not hurt to watch several videos to find the best descriptive presentation. And even read posts on your specific device on this subject. Rooting is not the same as flashing a new operating image but could present problems if not done correctly.
root samsung tab a 8 - Google Search

Reactions: GWTX
Thanks Grammaton, I've started to root in the past, but didn't have time to do it. I've googled it and yes there are a number of articles on 'how to'. I'll have to learn/relearn some of the terminology. I haven't had much experience with Android, or anything else besides windows and Linux, and that's been a while. I'll see what I can do. Thanks for the help, Gary

I use "No Root Firewall" to block DJI GO. Yes it blocks the map in Go, but then I use Litchi with no notification.

I use "No Root Firewall" to block DJI GO. Yes it blocks the map in Go, but then I use Litchi with no notification.
I'll look into that. Thanks for that info.

Also, I replied to your post on the 'litchi compatibility' thread.

Sorry for having two threads on a similar subject

Using a rooted Nexus 7 2012 on Android 4.4.4 (that I use as a test bed for app mods) and using the 'Disable Service' app from the Play Store, I unchecked 'Map Service' from the drop down list of DJI GO services. Is Google maps is back?
Yes, and Google Maps was always there! I did this using DJI Go version 3.1.28.apk, have not tried turning off MapBox in installed versions 3.1.30 and 3.1.34 yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav