Still getting quite bad jello, any suggestions?

Reaction score
I've got the h3-3d with the hero 4, with an ND on the gopro and using the White shock absorbers on the gimbal. I tried stuffing the shock absorbers with ear buds like some people had suggested but I'm still getting quite noticeable jello effect.

Is there something I've missed or anything else I can do to reduce this?

Thanks!

Have you got the dark grey stiffer dampeners? Try them instead.

I am having similar issues. I just put the black dampers in and balanced my props. Ive yet to go for a test flight.

Also my H3-3D and Hero 4 won't balance properly with the filter on so I took the battery out of the camera and it balances now with or without the filter. so maybe try flying without the filter or without the battery? maybe the cello id from the gimbal working to hard to stay balanced.

Would the dampers really make that much of a difference? Is it better for them to be more or less stiff?

Also What does balancing the props involve?

Taking the battery out is a good idea, I'll try that tomorrow!

Would the dampers really make that much of a difference? Is it better for them to be more or less stiff?

Also What does balancing the props involve?

Taking the battery out is a good idea, I'll try that tomorrow!

Dampeners would be stiffer.

Balancing props - need prop balancer. You need to make it balanced at 12-6 oclock and 3-9 oclock by adding weights (sticky tape) or removing weight (sanding).

Taking out the battery is a good idea but you need to remember to finalise the gopro before turning off the phantom.

last option - look at your gain settings - set to default first and increase/decrease by 10%. The gain settings affect vibration and flight characteristics. There is an art...

What DJI does not mention is that the default gain settings should be different from each version and different weight divisions. They instead default the gain settings under the same umbrella for all P2's.
A P2V+ with non upgraded motors would perform differently to the upgraded motor P2 with H4-3d+gopro+IOSD+AVL58 payload+tracker+prop guards.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31