Still getting crazy altitude readings after update

Reaction score
I'm still getting the crazy and wildly inaccurate altitude readings after the latest update. The update itself went uneventful on both my P3A and the controller. The app shows that everything is on newest versions. I did advanced IMU calibration after letting it sit on an AC vent for 1/2 hour then took it outside for compass calibration. The test flight itself was great. The only issue is that I'm still getting the wonky altitude readings. For example hovering at 30' it says I'm only at 7', at 2' it says I'm at -10, etc. Anybody else still see this going on? What should I try to get it to read correctly or at least close? Thanks!

When I am hovering off the ground I also get erroneous altitude readings. They have alway been this way and all the posts I have read indicate other say they also have erroneous readings. I am really only concerned I'd it off at ground then is it off at 3-400 ft. I have two Phantoms and they both are off to some degree. Can't find anywhere or anything to do to make adjustment or correct. It has not effect my flying or landing. However, the readings are only off usually 1-15 ft.

Last edited:
I was flying tonight and realized with the update ,my altitude is within a few inches instead of a few feet.

This was the first flight after doing the updates. Maybe after a few more batteries through it hopefully it will get a little more accurate.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20