Still Can't Get The Compass To Calibrate??????????

Reaction score
I recently got a P3A awsome machine.Still having issues with calibrating the compass, everything else is ok. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I have gotten to where it calibrates 2 greens light flash and other 2 are solid red.

well when I first looked at the DJI go app it had a caution sign for the compass calibration it does appear ready to fly and does fly I thought it had to be flashing green for all the lights lol but when I turn if on now seems to be ok weird compass says ok but I thought I hadn't calibrated the compasd.

Hopefully you have a good calibration. Did you make sure you were in the open away from any large ferrous metal structures? When you look at your sensor status n the GO app what compass mod value do you have? Does the heading pointer align with the actual AC orientation?

away from large metal objects not sure about the mod version I have or what the header pointer align means with the actual Ac orientation sorry

away from large metal objects not sure about the mod version I have or what the header pointer align means with the actual Ac orientation sorry
Select drone symbol followed by advanced sensors to see the compass mod value.

The red arrow depicting the AC heading is in the bottom left of your screen. It may have the map over it so you might need to close the map to see it.

If you haven't done so already I'd suggest going through the manual. If you don't feel like reading the whole thing I'd suggest Return to Home, CSC and making sure you understand every menu and setting in the GO app as priorities.

These things can go from great fun to a nightmare very quickly if you aren't familiar with how they perform when the unexpected happens.

Reactions: Numone
I recently got a P3A awsome machine.Still having issues with calibrating the compass, everything else is ok. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I have gotten to where it calibrates 2 greens light flash and other 2 are solid red.
That's normal. As others have said, please RTFM - it's what it's for.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
I was having that problem with my P4. Finally discovered the problem.....the P4 has 2 compasses mounted in the landing gear. Where this landing gear attaches to the drone are a small cover cap/door. Popped one of these doors off and there it was. Compass was unplugged inside the landing gear. Plugged in and solved problem. Hope yours is so simple to fix

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

You may just have a bad compass. They get messed up I have read if they ever get close to a magnet. The good news they or it how ever many you have are located in the landing gear and most of the time easy to replace.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Really? Where's that discussed - did a search and couldn't find it?

it seemed like many were sending them in and dji was replacing the landing leg with compass.

many others started to replace them themselves and it seems to fix the issue.

sounds like a bad batch from the mfg got installed

it seemed like many were sending them in and dji was replacing the landing leg with compass.

many others started to replace them themselves and it seems to fix the issue.

sounds like a bad batch from the mfg got installed
Many others.... 10? 50? 5000?
OK, I've now found four threads on the subject of Compass Replacement; two of those relate to a P3S and one of those replaced the compass and it didn't fix the issue.
At least one looks like it was an issue with the phone/tablet compass. This thread appears to be user error so I think we can pretty-much say, this isn't a "known factory defect".

Many others.... 10? 50? 5000?
OK, I've now found four threads on the subject of Compass Replacement; two of those relate to a P3S and one of those replaced the compass and it didn't fix the issue.
At least one looks like it was an issue with the phone/tablet compass. This thread appears to be user error so I think we can pretty-much say, this isn't a "known factory defect".

I simply answered your question based upon posts I have read in this forum and dji forum
about 2 months or so back compass issues were quite often posted , and many folks sent there pjantoms in and the parts changed were the compass leg. The posts started around same time and ceased after several weeks.
very much the same as how about a month back every other post was about Samsung stuff not working or crashing the app etc. Those post have pretty much stopped now as well

good luck and have fun flying

Be sure to have a good number of SATs. If I have less than 10 getting a "Good" calibration is next to impossible for me. If I have 12-14 I get a good cali each time.

Also be sure to follow the proper connection process. Power up the radio, power up the quad and connect the phone/tablet.

I am not new to RC but I am new to DJI stuff and the Phantom 3A. I am only stating what I see that seems to work.

User error, nonsense.

July 2016: sent back to DJI a new P3A unit with a defective compass, the unit can't fly in a straight line but it took great video.

August 2016: Receive a P3A back from DJI. This unit has a different S/N than the new one sent, it flys beautifully, but the camera is defective. I send this unit back too.

October. 2016: I receive from DJI a P3A with what appears to be a new camera. It takes great video, but guess what, it presents with compass errors.

What a joke. Jokes on me I guess. I'll never buy a DJI product again.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4