Still can't connect!!!!!

Reaction score
This is like totally pissing me off to no end.
My procedure is:
1) Plug the power in to the ground end.
2) Turn the controller on. (gps on, ioc in homelock)
3) Turn the aircraft on, let it go through the process until I get green lights.
4) turn on the ipad and hit ground station.

No controller is found.

On the air end box it shows 2 green lights one blinking.
On the ground end box it shows one green, one red (blinking).
My battery for the ground end is a phantom 1 battery.

Open the ipad settings and check the bluetooth connections.
No devices found.

I also decided to try connecting directly to the canbus instead of the iosd mini and that made no differences.

So what am I doing wrong?

Try shutting the app down and switch everything off. Turn on quad transmitter, then quad, power up ground end and wait for quad to get gps lock. Open the app and it should see the aircraft.

Are you sure Bluetooth is turned on, on the iPad? Even though you won't see/connect to the datalink through the Bluetooth controls (as Timsytanker mentioned), the BT does still need to be switched on.

Suwaneeguy said:
yes ios 7

1) You won't be able to see the BT listed in settings because it connects to a non broadcasting BT device using a selection of mac addresses (think of a mac address as a unique identifier to any intelligent device)
2) Uninstall app , restart device , download app
3) Bring it to a place with low interference
4) turn air end on , ground end on and then open the app when everything shows green

What battery are you using for the ground end and how have you run the antenna on the Phantom? I use a parkzone 3 cell from a parkzone Trojan and have run one antenna down a leg and the other under a motor arm. With the ground end sitting on my flight box I can get out to over 1300 metres away with no problems.

I'm pretty sure the quad needs to be more than 9 feet away from you in order to be detected. I.e., air end needs to be at least 9 or so feet from the ground end. Literally - I'm not kidding. Too close and it won't find it or connect.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie