Sticking with FC40, cancelled P2 kit order

Reaction score
I started with a P2 Vision which had a flyaway about 5 weeks ago and I haven't found it yet although I haven't given up hope.

Feeling burned but not cured of the need to fly a Phantom, I bought an FC40 which continues to do what it does quite well.

However, I'd already realized that the Vision really needed a camera gimbal to produce good videos, and the FC40 camera, although pretty decent for a really inexpensive camera, is markedly less capable than the Vision camera.

So after poring over various offerings for a few days after getting my FC40, I bit the bullet and ordered a merchant-built P2 with DJI camera gimbal, GoPro 3+ black camera, FPV monitor, OSD, 5.8Ghz transmit and receive for video, extra battery, and fancy case for the whole set-up.

When I placed the order, the description said that it generally took 7 to 14 days for the kit to be built and shipped. A few days later, the language on the website was changed to: 2 to 3 weeks.
Well, today is 3 weeks since I placed the order and the seller told me that the projected shipping date was now March 18, an additional 20 days! Doing some digging via online chat with the seller, I found out that the only reason for the delay is that the flight case is not expected to be in stock until then. I asked to have it shipped with any of the other flight cases that ARE in stock, with whatever minor price adjustment was appropriate. No, we can't do that, I was told 3 times by 3 different customer service reps. I asked why this could not be done but no one would supply any answer other than "we just can't do that".

So, I cancelled the order. I've done business with this seller before and the reputation is excellent, but I do not feel that this was good customer service. The seller is B and H Photo.

That is a shame did you get all your money back ?
I have ordered off them half dozen times only had one problem with my last order and they offered to take care of it at their expense . They sent me a vision case and not the P2 case they are just about the same .
I am now rethinking about ordering the camcorder I have been wanting . I can't be leave they would not work with you on your order they where very apologetic over a $200 case .

You can easily upgrade the FC40.

In another post someone found a very new external antenna for the 2.4GHZ video link of the Phantom 2. Should work the same on the FC40.

B and H has not yet charged my credit card for the order. They would not have charged me until the order was shipped. So, unless they come back to me and tell me the order cannot be cancelled, I'm not out any money even for the period of time that I was waiting before cancelling.

It's funny... I told them that they should have offered to let me cancel the order once they knew the delivery was going to have a significant delay, and they still said "we can't do that".

It took me saying "I am cancelling the order" for them to acknowledge that the order could be cancelled.

In my view, it would have been good customer service for them to agree to shipping in a different hard case. I have no idea why they regarded that as impossible. I expect better customer service than what I got.

The case, by the way, is listed as a P2 Vision case rather than a P2 case. I questioned B and H about that and they said the case would fit either model. That makes sense, but why not sell it as a case that will fit both the P2 model and the P2 Vision model instead of as a "P2 Vision" case? No intelligent answer when I asked that question.

After the efforts and actions detailed previously in this thread, I got 2 emails from B and H this morning. The first one listed all the components of my order and then said:

"We regret to inform you that due to a system error the ordered merchandise is not in stock.

We apologize for this inconvenience.

You may leave your order active and we will ship your order as soon as the products become available, or you may cancel the order and receive a full refund."
---------------------------------------

2 minutes later, the second email said:

"This is to advise you that your order #XXXXXXXXXX has been cancelled."
-----------------------------------------

OK then! Don't know why things happened the way they did, but I can understand the seller's need to document it in a way that fits in with their internal web procedures.

My next step was to do the right thing, which was to order an IN STOCK P2 Vision with extra battery for $1199. Hopefully it will love me more than did the one that left me.*

* It's been brought to my attention that inanimate objects do not like it when they're anthropomorphized.

i would suggest to buy from DJI.com directly

and accessories from other suppliers like amazon. at least they are good to customer on complains.

kmkonline said:
i would suggest to buy from DJI.com directly

and accessories from other suppliers like amazon. at least they are good to customer on complains.
This one weird experience with B and H has not eliminated my faith in them. They are an authorized DJI dealer and things did turn out all right after all. Plus, they're close to my current location and shipping is really fast (when they have the item in stock!).

I ordered by phone told them I wanted a P2 case when I called back and they sent me the wrong case I wonder what they where going to replace it with . I have got on their website after seeing your post and see they only have a vision case . Now I wishing would have said yes send me another one . Oh well I might just drive up and get my cam off them they have the lowest price for it . I know if you call you seem to get a better deal rather than the website .
Are you getting that from B&H or someone else ?

I'm getting it (the Phantom Vision 2) from B and H.

It was hard to decide between B and H's Vision 2 with free extra flight battery and 2% reward card for $1199, and their Phantom Vision 2 WITHOUT an extra flight battery and without a reward card for 5 cents less ($1198.95.) You do get 4 rechargeable AA batteries and a charger though, with the cheaper offering. I sprung for the extra nickel. I was lying about it being a tough decision.

That cam I want on the site is $1598 when I called about it he is giving it to me for $1498 with some extras that's why I like talking to a human and not ordering online sometimes .
GL hope it works out this time for you

Bigbells said:
B and H has not yet charged my credit card for the order. They would not have charged me until the order was shipped. So, unless they come back to me and tell me the order cannot be cancelled, I'm not out any money even for the period of time that I was waiting before cancelling.

If I recall they do have a specific time limit to fill an order placed and if there is any delay, you can cancel the order without them charging any type of fee.

Bigbells said:
So, I cancelled the order. I've done business with this seller before and the reputation is excellent, but I do not feel that this was good customer service. The seller is B and H Photo.

This was handled inelegantly and lacked outside-the-box solution thinking. I apologize. It was uncharacteristic of us but that does not excuse our lapse nor does it lessen your frustration.

henryp said:
Bigbells said:

This was handled inelegantly and lacked outside-the-box solution thinking. I apologize. It was uncharacteristic of us but that does not excuse our lapse nor does it lessen your frustration.
Your post is much appreciated and certainly has closed the gap that had developed in my faith in B and H.

I know who I'll be asking to speak to if I ever have questions about something I've ordered from B and H! Thanks very much, Henry.

Dave Bellware

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4