Stickers in R/C Culture

Reaction score
I'm pretty new to radio control. This is my first foray beyond tiny helicopters in the living room or Radio Shack cars. I was hoping someone could enlighten me. Since I started I've been inundated with stickers. My Phantom came with two sheets of stickers. I figured they were to put on the Phantom itself, but why so many? Then I bought a GoPro. It came with stickers. Fat Shark? Two sheets of stickers. I bought something from Atlanta Hobby and they sent a sticker. Whatever I buy comes with more stickers. Is this a thing in the R/C world? And where do they go? My Phantom would look like a race car if I tried to put them all on. Maybe they're for your case, assuming you have one? I don't mind, actually I think it's kind of cool, but I was hoping some veterans could enlighten me.

It is the cheapest way for announcing products and so sell more of their stuff ...

Write to all of them and tell them if they want you to stick the sticker on the Phantom they should pay you royalty per month for the advertising you are doing for them ;)

I wasn't going to use the sticker strips that go on the arms, but once I got airborne, I realized that those are there to help you determine which end is the front :)

ericty said:
I wasn't going to use the sticker strips that go on the arms, but once I got airborne, I realized that those are there to help you determine which end is the front :)

...The funny thing is the arm stickers are 99% visible only from the top, would of made more sense if they had designed them for underneath....Then again why did they use white as a plastic colour when it goes up into a white sky, seems a bit bonkers.

oldengineer said:
ericty said:

...The funny thing is the arm stickers are 99% visible only from the top, would of made more sense if they had designed them for underneath....Then again why did they use white as a plastic colour when it goes up into a white sky, seems a bit bonkers.

Outside the UK the Sky is generally blue, but you guys should have had one in a nice blue colour to let you see it easily :lol:

martcerv said:
Outside the UK the Sky is generally blue, but you guys should have had one in a nice blue colour to let you see it easily :lol:

Harsh.... but fair ! :lol:

Don't feel bad. The sky's been white here in the U.S. too until the government gets back to work. If they don't get this debt ceiling thing sorted out soon I hear it's going black. :lol:

oldengineer said:
ericty said:

Hahahahah sorrryyyyy in my part of the world the Sky is always Blue it gets white 20 days a year and on those days we are busy dancing in the rain ... as a thank you God for suplyying us with drinking water :)

Manos in the mediteraneas island of cyprus.... check out my videos on https://www.facebook.com/cyprusfromair

All those stickers are for the same people that inexplicably add a little GoPro video clip at the beginning or end of their own videos... as if they are being sponsored or something. LOL

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4