Steps for taking drone out of hibernation

Reaction score
My drone has sat unused for two years. I pulled it out last summer but the remote wouldn’t charge or stay powered on. It was just out of the warranty period so I put it away very annoyed. This summer I pulled it back out and sent the remote to DJI for an out of warranty repair and replacement of the controller main board ($213). I received it back today and it looks like a completely new controller. My drone firmware has never been updated as I didn’t want to deal with the geofencing that limited where I could fly. I put my batteries away fully charged and two they have 2 bars left. I’m charging them up and the remote right now. The remote had a sticker on it that said to update the firmware. If I update it, will that enable the geofencing with the no fly zones? Sorry for the questions, it’s been awhile since I’ve flown.

My drone has sat unused for two years. I pulled it out last summer but the remote wouldn’t charge or stay powered on. It was just out of the warranty period so I put it away very annoyed. This summer I pulled it back out and sent the remote to DJI for an out of warranty repair and replacement of the controller main board ($213). I received it back today and it looks like a completely new controller. My drone firmware has never been updated as I didn’t want to deal with the geofencing that limited where I could fly. I put my batteries away fully charged and two they have 2 bars left. I’m charging them up and the remote right now. The remote had a sticker on it that said to update the firmware. If I update it, will that enable the geofencing with the no fly zones? Sorry for the questions, it’s been awhile since I’ve flown.
It should stay the same unless you update it ,,you be able to see what it's on in the app under general settings where it says ""about"" at the bottom,and 3 black lines top right of home screen for couple secs and firmware will display there for remote......I think you will just get a prompt that will keep coming up to update fly safe database,,I'm getting this again lately

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
It should stay the same unless you update it ,,you be able to see what it's on in the app under general settings where it says ""about"" at the bottom,and 3 black lines top right of home screen for couple secs and firmware will display there for remote......I think you will just get a prompt that will keep coming up to update fly safe database,,I'm getting this again lately

The drone is at 1.4.10.

Is there still any benefit to not updating the software? I just looked up the DJI no fly zones and they now look a lot less restrictive.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1