Statue of Liberty

It's quite exhilarating flying around her [emoji6]
Looks like you had the island and airspace to yourself. Smart to fly early. See my video link in the signature from my trip there this summer. Due to mid-day time, had to duck helicopters flying quite low...would have preferred to be higher

Nicely done! Will be there in early November and was thinking of taking my P3P for some of the same. The new POI feature will help in showing the lady off!

Hang on to that clip. Your lucky you got it. NY has a lot of restrictions. Don't head to any of the bridges or you may have a bad experience. Don't fly downtown either.

Cool video, definitely work on smoother gimbal movements.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
If you check with park officials you will find out all National Parks/Monuments are no fly zone for Drones. It sucks because we the people are owners of our National and State parks. I wish they would ban helicopters from the sites also, its so disturbing to be at these places and hear the sound of a helicopter hovering overhead. Don't get me wrong I have two drones and feel we should have air access to our state and national parks.

If you check with park officials you will find out all National Parks/Monuments are no fly zone for Drones. It sucks because we the people are owners of our National and State parks. I wish they would ban helicopters from the sites also, its so disturbing to be at these places and hear the sound of a helicopter hovering overhead. Don't get me wrong I have two drones and feel we should have air access to our state and national parks.
Flying over it may be no fly, but not orbiting it from a distance.

So I'm in New Jersey today. Want to do this but is it legal? Am I going to get arrested? Don't want that to happen!

Not legal at all. At 5:30 in the morning from a mile away. I know I press my luck but I had to do it.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31