startup sounds different?

Reaction score
I normally fly a Phantom 2 non-vision, but currently am testing two Phantom 2 Vision+ for a friend. One of them doen't have the usual start-up sound, and I'm wondering if this is cause for concern.

The normal sound I'm used to is a short series of tones going up the scale followed by three (or is it four?) identical short tones. This particular Phantom has that first series of tones, but does not have the series of identical tones following that. Lights all appear normal, and it flies fine.

does anyone know what this different startup sound might mean?

Thanks!

Jim

I always wondered about which phantoms make different sounds and why, but I think it might just be something only some of the versions do. As for me, I've had 2 FC40s and they both did the 123456789 tone without extra beeps.

Hmmm well that gives me a clue.

I recently replaced an ESC on my P2V+. The replacement was a P2V (non-plus) ESC.

Now on startup it has the normal sound, and then the quadrant where the esc was replaced gives me 4 extra beeps (and lights).

Sounds like the difference between P2v and P2v+ ...

I experienced the four extra "red beeps" on one wing after replacing the ESC. Several folks have reported the same and it's apparently just a difference in ESC's. I would just ignore the issue.

npalen said:
I experienced the four extra "red beeps" on one wing after replacing the ESC. Several folks have reported the same and it's apparently just a difference in ESC's. I would just ignore the issue.

What is the axe you're wielding? Is that a Gibson, Gretsch, other???? :)

-slinger

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20