STARTRC Phantom 4 Buoyancy Stick Protector, Landing Gear Extenders/Stabilizers

Reaction score
These arrived today. Easy to attach to my P3S and they fit other units. It floats high enough from the water that the camera should stay dry. I floated it today but my wife said "get that out of the tub and go outside". It was less than $30 on Amazon.

Yes, That's similar to the one I have. Here's the You Tube video for the Mavic
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
How does the weight (8oz according to Amazon listing) the shape affect flight chareristics and camera?

Top Speed with floats 33 mph 0 to 100 ft. 7 sec.
Top Speed with/out 38 mph 0 to 100 ft. 6.5 sec.
Hum. 51 , Temp 23 , Wind Chill 6
Nothing scientific, Flew great, felt like there was nothing added. I like the stability when landing on a rough surface. Too cold for the lake test.

Reactions: PointGeorge
Top Speed with floats 33 mph 0 to 100 ft. 7 sec.
Top Speed with/out 38 mph 0 to 100 ft. 6.5 sec.
Hum. 51 , Temp 23 , Wind Chill 6
Nothing scientific, Flew great, felt like there was nothing added. I like the stability when landing on a rough surface. Too cold for the lake test.

We dont think anyone wants to purposely land on the water so we created the Phantom series Rescue Jackets :

Streamlined to 3.5 ounces, allows your Phantom to Float on the water in an emergency or remote landing.

Tested : Crashes into the Lake and landing touch and go.

Used as a Preflight tool to cross new waters, or save SD card and Drone in case of a crash.

Phantomrain.org
Approved Vendor
Coal

Screen Shot 2019-01-12 at 9.46.58 AM.png

It looks like the camera will be in the water. Will it take off from the water? Do you have a video? Sounds interesting.

We do have a couple videos. Although it will take off from the water in an emergency the camera is vulnerable to the water.

We were able to dip the drone several times but eventually the camera disconnected and lost signal.

We also demonstrated the Drone Crashing into the water to show what happens
All in all its a good Pre Flight Tool for flying over the water if your in a boat its perfect.

We also posted a video of it flying in sport mode with no ill effects.

Screen Shot 2018-10-19 at 10.12.47 PM.png

Approved Vendor
Phantomrain.org more videos

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: CambsChris

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic